• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a very stupid question

i am aware that this is possibly the stupidest question i may ever ask on a forum but.....just got my desire this morning and i don't really know what i'm doing with it, i've never had a smart phone before. i've set up my hotmail account as the email account on the phone but, call me paranoid, i'd rather not have it on there at all. if i delete the account on the phone will it have any detremental effect on the actual email account?

apologies for being so thick

i am aware that this is possibly the stupidest question i may ever ask on a forum but.....just got my desire this morning and i don't really know what i'm doing with it, i've never had a smart phone before. i've set up my hotmail account as the email account on the phone but, call me paranoid, i'd rather not have it on there at all. if i delete the account on the phone will it have any detremental effect on the actual email account?

apologies for being so thick

Nope. It won't cause any problems with your e-mail account itself. It's entirely up to you whether you have your e-mail account on your phone or not.

You will need a Googlemail or Gmail account to use the Market though! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones