1. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

This NEEDS to be stickied temporarily!

3. kushineris

kushineris Well-Known Member

im pretty sure im screwed i sbfed back to 2.1 bc update kept failing. then i got it activated again and the 2.2 ota update installed. now when it started back up it just stays on an m logo and i almost sbfed it just now and stopped it what shold i do i cant even sleep

4. whoozthaboss

whoozthaboss Member

looks like ill be checking this thread cuz im stuck with the same problem. thats bull though the official update messed my phone up and I bet if i took it to a verizon store they would tell me some unhelpful bs

5. ericnail

Birdman is working on a fix. I will update this as soon as the fix hits.

6. nicallen63

nicallen63 Well-Known Member

Never mind.

7. kushineris

kushineris Well-Known Member

I know this is complete bs im going to take it into a store tomorrow and demand a new phone. i had no problems with the phone till i tried to install the ota

8. jcage89

jcage89 Member

That's exactly what happened to my Droid1 when Verizon pushed the 2.2 update OTA back in August. After update it would just boot to white Moto circle logo and nothing else. After a few days it wouldn't even do that. Verizon retail stores have tools to revive it and say they can fix it most of the time. But my Droid1 was a gonner. That is why I am waiting to see how it goes for everyone before I run the 2.2UD on my DX. I would bring it to the verizon store because there is nothing really you can do for it on your own.

9. ericnail

nvm

10. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I debated on putting it here, but I thought it would get to a wider audience on the main page.

11. whoozthaboss

whoozthaboss Member

Does anyone think taking it to a Verizon store and demanding a new one would work? Not having a working phone kinda couldn't have come at a worst time.

12. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I've "stuck" ericnail's thread in Support & Troubleshooting for now and added a link to this thread so as to keep discussion in one place.

13. jcage89

jcage89 Member

IMHO, demands are rarely the best approach. I would just bring it in and tell them it became unresponsive after the update then kindly express concern over being without your phone and let them know you appreciate anything they are able to do to fix or replace your phone. You may find the person more willing to work with you taking that approach.

Also keep in mind (assuming you rooted your Dx and loaded the leaked 2.2), that basing a replacement demand on the OTA failure after you modified your phone with an unofficial OS is probably not reasonable. I am totally for being innovative with gadgets with hacks/tweaks, etc., but anyone making the decision to do this should understand that they are risking bricking it or rendering it incapable of reverting to the official SW. Assuming you did root your phone, you may agree that its not reasonable placing the blame on the official OTA for messing it up. Verizon probably can offer you a workable solution even if it isn't a new phone.

Good Luck!

kwaping likes this.
  14. whoozthaboss

whoozthaboss Member

I just got off the phone with Verizon, explained to them that the Froyo update made my phone completely unresponsive and that it wasnt even holding a charge anymore, was completely unresponsive... They will be shipping me a new Droid X preloaded with 2.2 tommorow since I called so early. I'd recommend this to those having the same problem. SN: My phone was not initially rooted

kwaping likes this.
  15. ericnail

+1

Lying FTW!
    [​IMG]

16. akita

akita Well-Known Member

Just for clarification as I see the thread title is regarding 2.2 OTA. For those that are not rooted and updated 2.2 leak, can we still use the current SBF?

17. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Have you tried to wipe data and cache? If not, boot whilst holding the menu button and try it. Good luck bro :(

Can anyone confirm that this applys to the OTA only!? What about those of us on the leaked 2.3.13 and 2.3.15 roms?

18. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

If you are on leaked 2.2, you should still be able to SBF back to 2.1. Why would you want to, though?

19. akita

akita Well-Known Member

I dont necessarily, but it would help to note that to reduce the over redundant threads that will pop up.

20. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Just in case I screw up the phone. Have you sbf'd from the leaks? I sbf'd from 2.3.9 but now I'm on 2.3.13 and scared to try.

21. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

I haven't SBF'd from 2.3.13...

Anyone tried this?

22. ericnail

you can SBF from the leaked 2.3, NOT from the OTA 2.3

23. cooley_l

cooley_l Member

Was rooted sbf'd to original 2 weeks ago. Woke-up this morning and tried OTA , while downloading read birdman's post and freaked out, went thru the process and everything seems to be working fine, market ,youtube etc. Rebooted twice and still OK.:)

24. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

using an sbf before you update is fine. Using the sbf after the OTA is where the problem arises.

cooley_l likes this.
  25. cooley_l

cooley_l Member

Quadrant scores up from 1290's to 1400+ however stopping services seems slower after OTA?