• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A way to clear cache from (most) apps at once?

GrouchoM

Android Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2012
Occasionally, one or more apps seem to get hung up re-using old data, i.e., my Weatherbug just stopped updating my location. I know how to go to AppSettings, select the app, wait....wait...wait for my phone to tally the memory, and then tap Clear Cache. Is there a quick way to occasionally clear cache from most if not all apps? I know this will temporarily slow up the apps that get cleared as this data speeds up app restart as well as helps use less data.

On my Samsung s5, doing anything in settings / manage apps is slow (might have something do with my 500 or so apps installed). And it definitely diss not allow to clear cache until it's done updating the numbers. Guess it varies by phone.

Tasker does not have that particular feature (maybe secure settings plug-in does). One point for automate (for people wanting that particular action)

Upvote 0
On my Samsung s5, doing anything in settings / manage apps is slow (might have something do with my 500 or so apps installed). And it definitely diss not allow to clear cache until it's done updating the numbers. Guess it varies by phone.

Tasker does not have that particular feature (maybe secure settings plug-in does). One point for automate (for people wanting that particular action)
Probably. I haven't even hit the 200 apps barrier. I actually doubt I hit 150.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones