• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A way to get VM indicator to keep beeping?

geocarp

Lurker
Apr 25, 2010
I have had the phone for 6 months and love it. Does anyone know of a way to make the audio message indicator (text and or VM) to keep beeping? Sometimes I miss a call and unless I pick up the phone and see the blinking light, I don't notice that I have a message.

Maybe and app? I have searched through all the settings and could not find anything. I think I have had this on most/all of my cell phones before. Thanks!

There is a missed reminder app in the market that I used at one point for a little bit. The problem with it was that the user interface of the app was confusing, and I seemed to have noticed less than desirable battery life after downloading the app. It wasn't drastic, but it was noticeable. I since uninstalled it, but have contemplated reinstalling it again, to see if an update came along at some point to fix these issues. Again, its called Missed Reminder, and has I think a 3 out of 5 star market rating the last time I checked.

Let me know if you decided to use it.

Upvote 0
Thanks! Missed Reminder seems to do the job. I was thinking voice mail but missed call will work too. So far it caught one call and kept beeping. The one thing I like is that I can set different nag sounds for text and missed calls. It even will nag me about Gmail. I will update in a few days about how it effects the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones