A week with the Droid X: Still love it?

Last Updated:

1. Phantom_LS2

Phantom_LS2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For the past week I've been heavily using my new X trying to get used to this new android UI (been an iphone user since their launch day). Well today after installing pdanet as well as nesoid I've really fallen in love with android and my new phone. I sat and thought long and hard trying to come up with something that I miss about my old iphone and couldn't come up with anything. Well, besides my angry birds game which I know will be on android soon enough.

Anyone else falling in love with their new phones?

P.S. All the above was written with swype! Just another reason to love android.

Advertisement
  2. Carbon

Carbon Member

/raises hand.

Former BB Tour (9630) user here and this is a huge leaf forward compared to BB. I do miss BBM, as some of my good friends are on it still), but a few will be making the Android jump soon.

I love customization and the choices you can make here. Running LauncherPro and Swype is indeed awesome.

3. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

I'm definitely loving the X. Coming from an Eris, this thing is a monster. I've never been happier with a phone.

4. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

The Droid was great the Droid X is supercalifragilisticexpiolidosious.

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I love it mainly for the huge screen size and how fast and awesome the phone is. Once Froyo hits it will be rediculous they will have to make a higher benchmark to record it lol

6. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member

ME, ME...This phone is awesome. The newer features are awesome (DLNA server, hdmi out, bigger screen...) I had the moto droid and that was good but the X is even better.

7. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor if you have a Wii...or go buy a Wii controller. Install Wiimote and you can play your nes emulator with the Wii controller, turn it sideways like the old school nes controller. ;)

8. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

I am! I love it! Love the big screen, the endless customizations, the camera button, how thin it is, the fact that I actually have a signal all the time, the dialer...basically everything about it.

9. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I've only had the phone about an hour and a half, but so far it's friggin amazing. This thing zips around like a champ.

10. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

This phone is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I came from an Eris and originally i had got the Droid then i read about the X and i took it back and waited and i am so glad i did. I love this thing.My friend has the IPhone 4 and he played with my x for 10 mins and came to me today and had traded up to the X lol. My other friend has the incredible that he bought 8 days ago and played with the X and now has an X haha! Everyone loves it!!!

11. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

I do, I do!! I was worried that coming from a rooted Droid with Froyo on it over-clocked to 1.2, there wouldn't be enough wow effect to make me happy with the change but I was wrong. When I got the Incredible that was the problem, the only things I liked better on my Incredible over the Droid was the screen and the camera but the Froyo speed and vanilla UI was more to my liking. Not the case with the Droid X. The hardware feels as good if not better than the Droid, the speaker on the back isnt as loud, but I have never owned a phone that was as loud as the droid. Besides that everything is as good if not better!!

12. New ERA

New ERA Well-Known Member

coming from the lagfest known as the droid Eris...this phone feels damn near perfect!

13. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

They should have named this phone the Incredible lol

14. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I love this phone! I still haven't fully decided how I want to customize my screens and all but that's one of the great features about it...how customizable it is! I'm coming from AT&T and can't get over how great my service is either. Very satisfied!!

15. tnstra

tnstra Well-Known Member

I Love my DX
    We're getting married in the morning...

Please put money in my Shop N Save Wedding Acct

16. Toonz

Toonz Well-Known Member

I LOVE everything about it, except no spell check or copy and paste in emails!

I can't put the phone down!

17. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

18. AmyRF25

AmyRF25 Member

Me! As i posted on my facebook - I love my droid x more than a fat kid loves cake!! Phone is awesome!

19. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

I will never consider a smaller phone again. You know what I like the most (as a former ATT and iPhone customer)? The phone works great whenever I need it. The sound is much better than the 3GS and I am not dropping calls. It is the best phone I have ever used- former iPhone, Droid, Pre Plus, Dinc owner ...oh and former StarTac owner

20. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I fixing the email on one of our area manager's Incredible and the phone felt so small. I never had a problem with the keyboard when I had my Incredible, but man now it was too small.

It would be hard to go back.

21. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Anytime I talk to somebody using BBM, I just tell them about Google Talk, which is awesome. I use it all the time, and it's great because you can talk to someone who's on a pc too. I crack up at people sending each other their little pin numbers now, it seems so 1980's.

22. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Love:
    Screen Size
    Lightweight
    No physical keyboard
    Better headphone jack than Droid
    Great speaker
    Great call quality
    Great alarm (I use my phone for alarm, and the X's is great)
    3 Mics
    720 p recording and great photo quality

Mixed Feelings:
    No spellcheck on keyboard

Hate:
    All the Motoblur and bloatware. We need to start a petition for them to just put vanilla Foyo on here; the Motoblur just doesn't add to the experience.

Overall, I'm loving it!

23. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

I love this phone! I came from an eris and am blown away by how fast and amazing this thing is. I could never go back to a smaller screen either. Love the largeness!!!

24. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Is that larges?

25. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Where's my phone?