• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Widget to Deactivate Other Widgets???

I love widgets. My only problem is i want to be able to stop my data hungry widgets from eating data when i am not under wifi. I have searched a lot and havent found an option that allows me to run widgets only under wifi. So is there a widget that turns off your other widgets? That way when i am not under wifi a can hit that switch and not have to worry about my news widgets eating data in order to inform me of news.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum :)

You could turn off mobile data altogether. Or you could adjust the background sync options in the other apps individually (go into the app whose widget you are concerned about and change its settings to sync less often or only download using WiFi).

You could also firewall certain apps so they can't use mobile data, but effective firewalls usually require a rooted phone.

There are certainly widgets which can toggle your data on/off, but I don't offhand know one which can toggle specific apps that way (and widgets are just apps).

Reactions: frothymonkey
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones