• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A100 google aps will not work

mvalent000

Lurker
Jul 11, 2013
Hi all,
I am new to the forum.

I have an Acer a100 that is throwing me errors for every Google app that is on it. It will not give me access to the internet through Google (wi-fi is working). I cannot access Google market. I keep getting error messages.

Is there a way to reinstall the Android 3.2.1 software?

I do not know what rooted and unrooted means, so I do not know if it is or not.

I am also missing the camera app. and the update ability in the "about tablet" section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The camera app is available at the Google Play Store.

For the other problems, please provide specific details, such as:
* a list of the affected Google apps
* details of error messages being seen
* Android version (from Settings > About)
* Image version
* Build number
* describe when the problem started -- i.e., did it work without errors in the past, and then break at some point, or has it always been broken?
* explain what you mean by "WiFi is working" ...do you mean that WiFi works for everything except Google services?

Upvote 0
The camera app was not on the tablet because the software was bad....very simple solution that I found on another forum without wasting my time providing the birth records of my tablet.
Download and install an updated zip file. It re installs the operating system and all it's apps.
Tablet is up to date and working perfectly.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear that it's working better now. The result could have just as easily been a bricked device though. It's wise to first take some time to understand a problem and device better before flashing a ROM image. Knowing more about the current firmware version before making changes can help prevent flashing an incompatable image. If that had happened, the situation could have instantly become much worse. -- e.g., the tablet may have failed to boot up. There's a saying: "Measure twice, cut once." Some folks get lucky with the first cut, but I would not hold this out as a good example of how to solve a problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones