A100 Wireless turns itself off.Support

1. John Starke

John Starke Member

My wireless connection turns itself off of its own accord. I have tried all the settings for when to turn it off, but it still happens, even in the "never off "position. My desk top computer confirms that the Belkin router is never off and has a strong signal.

Do others have this problem. I

have turned off the wireless on the A100, then turned off the power, turned it back on and turned on the wireless. It connects up fine ,but still shuts down whenever it wishes. Very frustrating

Advertisement
    :
  2. gw4141

gw4141 Well-Known Member

I've experienced this once or twice. I didn't realize it until I read this post.
  3. jschall

jschall Well-Known Member

John:

Could it be that your router's signal is too low for the A100 's receiver? Mine needs > -80dBm to keep connected. Do you have interfering signals on the same or adjacent channels?

The best tool I've found to answer both questions is WiFi Analyzer, with its companion WiFi Connecter Library.

It could also be a defective receiver, in which case you'll have to replace your A100. See this thread :

http://www.acertabletforum.com/foru...tablet-keeps-dropping-wi-fi-connection-4.html
  4. stanggman75

stanggman75 New Member

I had this problem at first all the time. I couldn't download anything because the wifi kept resetting. The permanent fix for me was to change the wifi settings. Long press the wifi source you are using, change the settings to static. Thats it. I hope this works for you too.