• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A200 & sdhc thru card reader

kcglock

Lurker
Oct 7, 2013
I have a A200 I got from my son. My main reason for getting it was to use to transfer pictures from my sdhc cards from my game cameras. My plan was to use a USB to sdhc card reader to transfer them to the tab, but I can't get the tab to read the sdhc card thru the usb, but it will read a flash drive or a SD card. Anything I can do to get it to read the sdhc card thru the USB and adapter?

Thanks
Johnny

If the card reader works on a regular computer and shows up as a single drive, then it should have no problem with the A200. As far as I am aware the A200 can read FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS volumes. This is an OS feature not specific to the tablet itself. Are you using ES File Explorer to open the usb storage, or something else? Hopefully someone else will come along and confirm if there is an issue.

Upvote 0
It is formatted with FAT32 and I'm using ASTRO to open it up. When I plug in a flash drive it auto mounts the flashdrive, but when using the adapter & SDHC card it does nothing, but if I put in an old SD card it again mounts.

My old adapter would not work with SDHC so I bought another in hopes that it would work, but still nothing on the tablet, but it all works great with my laptop....LOL

Thanks again and I sure hope someone can point me in a direction to get this working...

JC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones