• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A2DP and Bluetooth

Hi
I have a Parrot mKi9200 in my car and use it for telephone calls with my DHD - works perfectly. The issue I have though is when I am connected, the DHD also assumes that the Parrot is a Headset, so all my notifications play though the car speakers and so does the satnav voice. I have my iPod connected to the Parrot so I can listem to my music, but the satnav interupts and emails\messages do too.

Prior to my DHD, I had the Samsung Omnia which worked perfectly as I could switch off the Headset part of the connection (disabling A2DP) but still use Hands free.

Can I do this with the DHD - is there an App maybe that keeps Hands Free but disables A2DP - I'm going mad - part way through a song I get 'Take the next left' AAARRGHH!!!!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones