A2DP Bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. timlitw

timlitw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My 'droid will not connect to my Garmin 785T with the A2DP profile, sound for phone speaker phone works fine tho. Garmin won't do anything, I've already talked to them, are there any adjustments or setting on the droid that I can try to make this work, I'd really like to get Pandora or other audio going thru it.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

No, the DROID doesn't really have many settings. Just the few that are in the Settings>Wireless & networks>Bluetooth settings parameters. Not much there.

But I have a small feeling that what you trying to do can't happen. I could be wrong (and hope I am), but I think both the DROID and the Garmin are configured to SEND stereo audio, but not receive it. In other words, both units are looking for a receiver, like a set of stereo headphones, or a car stereo BT connection.

3. timlitw

timlitw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm. I hadn't thought about that, the Garmin tech guy didn't use that as a reason it wouldn't work, I'll have to bounce that off them yet.

It also didn't connect with a2dp from my blackberry so that is problably the same reason.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I'd bet if you had a pair of A2DP headphones, both the DROID or Garmin would pair up with them instantly. The DROID is able to connect to the Garmin for phone use because that's using the HFP Bluetooth connection.

As a side note; I believe A2DP is UNI-directional. If it were BI-directional, you wouldn't be having this issue. :(