A2DP for car stereoSupport

1. TobesEtc

TobesEtc Well-Known Member

Here's my problem. I have a SGS2 and my car is equiped with a Dension Gateway500 that provides an iPod cradle for pure digital sound controlled by the iPod (NOT using the iPod as a drive).

Ideally I'd like some sort of adapter that takes the digital sound out of the micro-USB port, but I gather that's not possible with Android at present.

So, next option, is connect the phono (RCA) inputs on the GW500 to an A2DP adapter and then get the SGS2 to "send" whatever sounds it's playing to the A2DP and thus the stereo.

So...does the SGS2 have the ability to send A2DP (or some other Blue Tooth format?). Anyone know of an A2DP to phone adapter suitable for a car stereo?

:eek:)

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member

The official samsung dock for the s2 has a 3.5mm socket on it, as does the official car cradle & i think they extract the audio via the usb port, possible since this is not only micro usb but also an MHL port (hdmi) its doable?
  3. TobesEtc

Well, the official car cradle just came into stock so I've ordered one to see it if does! (Doesn't mention anything other than charging in the blurb).
  4. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member

5. TobesEtc

Yes, thought that might be the case. Might try to see if it's even conceivable to play sound through the Usb via hdmi and some sort of "magic" converter!
  6. TobesEtc

It seems that my prayers have been answered! My vehicle dock has just been delievered and it does have a 3.5mm audio-out socket on the back that is independant of connecting to the top 3.5mm socket! Will be taking it home asap to test! :eek:)

Fingers crossed.
  7. TobesEtc

Oh dear...first impression is that sound is awful. Loads of phone interference and just general crackle... :eek:( May have to take it to my installer and see if they can see what's up.

(Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Vehicle Dock)
  8. Laksirids

Laksirids Member

Hi All out there,

I need to know if the Galaxy S2 can work with JVC KW-AVX846 car sterio with bluetooth function to get phone calls, music, video, skype etc?

Please advice if you can.

Regards,
    LDS
  9. stuvy

stuvy Member

I stream music from my SG2 via Bluetooth onto my Sony stereo. It works ok, and I can move tracks back and forward using the stereo control, but it won't display the track info.

I found the sound of the music ok for my purposes, but didnt notice any crackle or distortion.
  10. alexranger

alexranger New Member

Hi

I have dension 500 gateway fitted in car. I want change my i phone for a Samsung Galaxy S2 Can you confirm if the bluetooth phone function works ok with this combination.

I am not too worried about music compatibility but if this was possible I would like to know that also.

Hope everything is now working ok with you and look forward to your reply.

thanks

Alex.
  11. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

If the gateway thingy talks standard bluetooth then it will work fine. I use the BT on my SGS2 for music and handsfree calls on my Blaupunkt MP-68. The only niggle is that it can't handle a phone book over 500 entries so I have to refuse the permission to download the phone book ever time it connects. But hey, that is a problem with the stereo - not the phone. The sound is good.