a2sd+ or the ability to send MMS?

Last Updated:

1. ReasonableMan

ReasonableMan Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and hoping someone can lend insight.

Currently on my Desire I'm using LeeDroid 2.2d, which is very nice. Partitioned my SD card for a2sd+ so I've got over 100mb free of internal memory, and can install as many apps as I want, which is great. The caveat - I can't send people pictures, and their pictures won't come through either, though I don't have this issue with people who have iPhones. Other people with Desires cannot MMS me and I cannot MMS them back, nor can my wife with her Samsung Slyde (we're with Telus in Canada). Basically on either end we get a message that says "Generic network failure" whenever an MMS attempts to download. It repeats this message over and over for a few hours, which is extremely annoying, especially when I'm the recipient.

I assume, as it did with my stock Telus 2.1 before I rooted, that MMS will work fine if I use the very-recently-released Froyo from Telus. I know that to some degree I will be able to move apps to SD with this, but not to the extent that a2sd+ does, where using a 512mb partition on your SD card to imitate phone memory, it saves an enormous amount of precious internal space.

What would you do? Is there a way to get a2sd+ for this new Telus? Or even better, is there a way to make MMS work properly under LeeDroid?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Id go to a different custom Rom such as teppic74's rooted stock Rom on xda.

Of course is try to resolve the mms problem first.

3. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

4. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I am on LeeDroid 2.2d and using A2SD+ Not tried sending a picture message yet as rarely do them but will try now on my lunch and let you know how I get on :D

5. w0mbat

w0mbat Member

I have no problems sending and receiving MMS with LeeDroid. I would imagine that it is a problem with your APN settings rather than the ROM.

I'm on O2 in the UK and had the same error messages when receiving and sending as you ( I was using an unlocked phone with a PAYG SIM) until I put the correct settings in the Server/MMSC/MMS Proxy/ MMS Port and MMS Protocol sections. Can you find these on the Telus site?

Hope you can get it working :)