a2sd + titanium backup?

Last Updated:

1. wooten409

wooten409 Member This Topic's Starter

Ive searched found threads on a2sd but none that specifically answered the question below....

Running android 2.2. on fresh rom.

If i want to move apps to the sd, AT THIS TIME, is it mandatory that i partition it?

Im asking b/c in "titanium backup" theres an option to "move user apps to sd card".

Can i use that option w/o partitioning the sd?
    And are they're certain apps i shouldnt move?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. harukasan73

harukasan73 Well-Known Member

I moved my apps over without partitioning my sd card... I used titanium backup to move them over, and i think you can also use Astro file manage to move them all over, and then I made a copy of it all and put it on my mac, along with a titanium backup, and a nandroid backup too, along with putting copies on my mac... Im ultra anal about it, lol and I never partitioned my sd card for it.

wooten409 likes this.
  3. wooten409

---

4. wooten409

oh ok.. thats what i thought.. just making sure. I was seeing all these threads about partitioning and i was thinkin to myself "for what?!" lol... Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.
    thanks

5. harukasan73

Sure thing, lol but Im actually a chick, lol Glad I could be of help though.

6. wooten409

wouldve known had I read ur location.. well maybe not.. lol..

Thanks!

7. wooten409

One more question... Did u move all ur apps over. or was it certain ones. and if it was all, have u noticed any backlash with some?

8. harukasan73

Well your evo wont let you move them all over (some have to stay on the phone itself to work)... what you are actually doing is making backups of the apps. To check and see which ones can be moved, do this: on your evo: Settings/Applications/manage applications/all/press on an app, and look down, you will see a couple of buttons, clear data, (I think this is like clearing out the cache), and a button that says eith Move to SD card, or Move to Phone... if its greyed out, you cant move it. If it say move to sd card, and its white, you can move it over to your sd card. Hope that helps!

If you decide to root your EVO, its very important to back up everything especially the stock apps that came with your phone.

Right now I have a rooted evo, with all the stock apps, except I took off the stupid amazon mp3 so far... I havent taken off anything else yet. so if you want to delete those awful nascar and such apps, look into rooting your EVO, but you must read read read all you can on it. I read everything, and still needed help. Its pretty safe to ask questions, most folks will help you out just fine or point you in the right direction. If someone is rude to you about your questions, just report them to the Mods... its very important that everyone treats everyone else with the respect they deserve. Also there are folks around here called guides, they are a great help with all your droid questions. being new myself, I am picking up quite a bit from these fine folks here.

wooten409 likes this.
  9. wooten409

Yeah, Im already rooted.. Running Fresh's rom.. But that did help alot.
    So thanks for the help