A500 / CyanogenMod9

1. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I loved CM7 on my phone, but have been using an ICS beta as my daily for a while now (I will be changing to CM9 when it is realeased for my phone though... just love the CyanogenMod team's ROM's) :)

Have been looking for info on all stuff A500 related and came across the following over on XDA [DEV][CM9] Iconia ICS Project - Multi device - Official coming soon - xda-developers

I thought I'd share, as I have seen that this was only posted over there this morning! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I'm going to give this a go. I'll probably update my bootloader to the ICS bootloader sometime this weekend :D
  3. D-U-R-X

Think I will have to do the same mate :)

As I said, I loved CM7 on my phone :D
  4. jerofld

Hmm...It's not perfectly stable, but it's ok.

And either my processor is screwed, or I need to be able to OC this thing to get it to stop lagging :( It only does it once in a while, but I never got these lag glitches on HC.
  5. D-U-R-X

Not tried it yet myself... been meaning to, but I need to sort out my bootloader first... think I'm gonna follow the thread on XDA and look to change once it's a bit further down the line.

Thanks for sharing though Jero :)
  6. jerofld

I'm running the HC bootloader. I've been too lazy to upgrade :p
  7. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

I attempted to load this but had problems and the load aborted. I think its due to that file naming issue which they referred to in that thread. Figure ill hold off and wait for them to sort this thing all the way out, at least get out of the alpha stage.

I read over there yesterday that the Acer ICS has been released to various parts of the world. Seems only the Gen 1 units are getting it right now. Again, figure ill hold off and see what the DEVs come up with using the official vs. the leaked version.
  8. jerofld

I had that abort thing, too. It was easy to extract, clear the line, and put it back in (as store, no compression). But hopefully the official release will help the devs make their ROMs more stable (assuming the source got released, too)