A955 bricked because of update

1. PPCTechNC

PPCTechNC New Member

Hello to all, I have a Droid 2 (a955) that's giving me the following message:

Bootloader
    D2.35
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB

From all the reading and searching I'v done so far, I understand this means that the phone was attempted to be updated to the new .621 update... is there any fix for this as of now, I have tried a few different sbf's starting from the lowest to the highest one I have now (desperate hope lol):
    1FF-p2a_droid2_cdma_droid2-user-2.3.3-4.5.1_57_DR2-31-110719-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf

Also Tried:
    VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf
    BL_D237_cdma_droid2_Consumer_replacer_HSPart.sbf
    BL_D235_cdma_droid2_Consumer_replacer_HSPart.sbf

The 2nd line has changed from D2.37 to the current D2.35 after the last sbf attempt.

Thanks in advance for any help

- Semper Fi

Advertisement
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

where you by any chance rooted? romed? anything that is considered voiding your warranty?

there are several ways you can go about recovering your device, i just want to ask that question before we resume
  3. PPCTechNC

PPCTechNC New Member

As far as I know it wasn't & I have no concern for warranty
  4. VoidedSaint

5. PPCTechNC

PPCTechNC New Member

Thanks for the help, this did not fix my issue though.

***UPDATE***

I found another sbf online named:
    1FF-p2a_droid2_r2d2_cdma_droid2_r2d2-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DR4-52-120118-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf

and it did fix the phone! However lol its the stupid Star Wars edition software, so now the phone's splash screen and some icons are nerdy but at least the phone is working again.

Thanks for the help, and hope this helps someone else if they run into this.
  6. VoidedSaint

im sorry bud, but the droid 2 isnt exactly my forte, even though it is the same thing as the dx basically, but i am glad you got a working phone again
  7. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

might be worth going back and trying some of those sbf files now

sounds like a file didn't load properly
  8. sousa632

sousa632 New Member

1FF-p2a_droid2_cdma_droid2-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DR4-51-120117-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz

That a copy of the D2 Gingerbread SBF file. I just used that to fix my bricked D2 and it's working great now:D
  9. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

I couldnt find the R2 rom to save my life after I rooted my first R2.. He finds it by accident..lol