AA Sabre via HTC Evo

Last Updated:

1. fllpbi

fllpbi New Member This Topic's Starter

Any clever AA flight attendants figure out a way to access second stage Sabre on the Evo yet? Any other brouser app available like Cloud Brouse on the iphone?

Advertisement
    dtrose likes this.
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Wow. Talk about a specialized market.

I'm not in your industry, I'm just a chip head with a work-around for you.

Cloud Browse on the iPhone takes you to a public portal (in an internet cloud) and it uses a technology called VNC (virtual network computing) - and that gives your phone both a view and control of another computer actually running a browser with full Flash and Java capability to access Sabre.

If you have access to a PC (Windows or Mac) with a browser (or one of your industry apps that I wouldn't know of) that can get you to Sabre, then you can access that PC with a free app called AndroidVNC and do essentially the same thing.

You'll need to install some software on your PC, like RealVNC for Win or on Mac, use System Preferences->Sharing->Remote Management, and play with the settings a little.

Disadvantages:
    • More hassle, not integrated for "it just works" functionality
    • Requires another computer that others aren't interfering with while you're doing your thing

Advantages:
    • Security - you'll no longer be sending Sabre passwords and any other personal info to a public-access internet cloud computer that you know little about
    • If you're accessing your very own private PC while you're on travel, you can work on your PC doing all of the things that only your desktop can do, privately - whatever those things may be

Hey - it's just a workaround suggestion if you can't find a better method.

Hope this helps.

dtrose and sagedil like this.
  3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

This helps me for something else. Thank you!

4. akst

akst New Member

I too would love an app like cloud browse that would allow me to access sabre on my new EVO. This would make it virtually unecessary to carry around a laptop - I could say this phone does it all! Does anyone else have any ideas/ app suggestions?