AAh!...General

Last Updated:

1. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So today at work, one of our customers came in and her and my boss were talking about phones because he just ordered his new Droid X. Then she asks about stuff on her phone which is an ERIS. She's an older woman so I sat and showed her many things about her phone and different things she could do with it.

While I was doing that I snuck a peek at her Firmware....

1.5!!!!!

Aahhh... I wanted so bad to ask to trade phones but felt it would be inappropriate or weird somehow asking her that and trying to explain why...

I also wouldn't know how to go about actually switching number and everything either...

Anyone else know or met someone with 1.5 and you just wanted to take their phone, run home and root it?

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Lol...you are a bad, bad puddy tat! :D

3. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Talk to her about it, explain that your a phone enthusiast and you want to do nerdy things with it, maybe give her some money with it too (bribe cough cough)

As for switching phones, you can easily do that online or over the phone.
    I think you need to switch one of your phones to a dumb phone to free the esn of the phone you want to switch to, then they can switch to yours once your number is on hers. If that makes sense.

Do it!

4. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Yea that would be weird, here take my Eris for your Eris! She would probably think theirs something wrong with your Eris. Personally, if I were asked to trade my Eris for another Eris, I wouldn't do it, who knows whats up with the other phone. Good idea not even asking ha.

5. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

LOL I have a coworker with a hero still on 1.5. I figured the hero would have the update notification in the not bar but nothing, did sprint push that thing out?

6. hlaalu

hlaalu Well-Known Member

My mom still has 1.5 on her phone. Her phone works great, no issues so I don't want to risk that by updating to 2.1

7. allensull

allensull Member

Wished I had my 1.5 back wasn't having any issues with my phone until the update

8. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

I had just as much lag with 1.5 that I do with 2.1..

9. SyDTRaKKeD

whats weird.... i actually did the "Check for Updates" on her phone but it told me her phone was up to date....

10. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

SyDTRaKKeD,

I don't think the 2.1 OTA update goes out anymore for 1.5 phones (can't find the thread that discusses this...). I remember all of the talk when it (the 2.1 OTA) first came out that you would be hounded with the reminder screen until you finally relented and installed the update :eek:

I think she'd have to update it manually (http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...ve-12-8mb-ota-update-today-3.html#post1057026 or http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/116757-how-get-2-1-update-driod-eris.html#post1088058).

11. gm991

gm991 Well-Known Member

there is something wrong with his eris....its got 2.1.....lol
    I hate 2.1...:(:(

12. SyDTRaKKeD

lol... i like 2.1 better than 1.5..... but I want root!