Aaugh! My Ears!General

1. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member

So, here's a really annoying thing. You put on your headphones, turn the Media Volume down so as not to blast out your eardrums, (since the phone wasn't programmed smart enough to adjust the volume when you attach headphones), and you begin listening to your music or podcast or whatever.

Then, YOW!!! A notification comes in, or even worse, a phone call, and kiss your eardrums good bye! ! It plays through your headset at full unadjusted volume. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Advertisement
    :
  2. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

ugh i hate that.
    why the hell would the notification play IN THE HEADPHONES!
    and for that matter why does it interrupt my Pandora Radio?
    i wish we had a dislike button
  3. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Yikes, I was wondering about this myself. Luckily it hasn't happened to me yet but it's just a matter of time since I use the headphones several times a week. Bummer.
  4. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

it SUUUCCCKKKKSS
  5. montillius

montillius New Member

Haha, the first time this happened, it scared the isht out of me. Now, I've gotten used to it and it doesn't really bother me anymore.
  6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

me too, same thing, first time i had a "OH SHI!" moment, now im used to it.
  7. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

Yeah it scared the hell out of me the 1st time also. I downloaded audio manager and it allows to manage all your sounds and notifications volumes independently
  8. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

I prefer that it interrupts my audio when I receive a message. When I'm in my car listening to Pandora I prefer to know when I get a text message.
  9. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

+1

Audio Manager makes it very easy to switch everything around so your eardrums don't explode.
  10. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

First time I had me eris playing through my tahoe... i was listening to my music, then all of a sudden "YOW!".... nearly caused me to drive off the damn road because it was so loud.....

This seriously needs to be fixed
  11. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I like that the notifications inturpt , they are a little loud but I don't think the Volume on the Eris is very impressive while it's much better then my Dare it's nowhere near that of my ancient Ipod mini, which seems to get much louder, and why is there no EQ on the Eris? even my Dare had a simple EQ
  12. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just mine, but my notifications have never been any louder that what I've been playing, in Pandora or stock music player. In fact, I thought they were a bit quieter
  13. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member

The issue raised by the OP (me) was not that notifications are too loud in general, but rather, ehn playing through headphones, the volume of notifications does not get appropriately reduced.

For that matter the media volume should automatically be reduced with headphones as well, but that's another story.
  14. davros

davros Well-Known Member

ya i was listening to the music player threw the headphone jack plugged into my car stereo (i have a nice system in my car it's LOUD and Thumpy) when all of the sudden i got an email then a txt message the email notification was a surprise but the txt sound "DRRROOOID" was so loud i think i scared people in the car next to me. lol

note to self turn down notifications before plugging in, Audio Manager is a wonderful thing
  15. dewalist

dewalist Well-Known Member

Another option is to use Quick Profiles. Set up a profile called "Music" that will set the media and notification volumes appropriately. I use this because I play music at work and in the car, but at different volumes...
  16. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

Im with you, Jim - I dont find the Eris loud at all. And I wish it had some decent recording capabilities - I've tried just about every recording app available, and none of them are adequate for music. They all sound like crap.