Ability to have incoming SMS Txt unlock screen?

Last Updated:

1. inkmachine

inkmachine Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am new to the android and have been overwhelmed with all of the new stuff to see lol.

One thing I find annoying is that when I get a new SMS text message or MMS I have to hit the red button, then swipe the monitor to unlock the phone to read the message, unlike when an incoming phone call comes in, I can just swipe the monitor and it will answer the call.

Is there an app out there to make it so that all incoming txt messages will automatically unlock the screen so that I can just reply without having to go through all of the steps simply get to the txt message itself?

Does that make sense? lol

Advertisement
  2. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

If I'm understanding your question correctly, there is a setting for this in the Handcent SMS app. The option is "screen on" & when you get a text it will turn the screen on for you so all you have to do is slide the screen down & check your message.
    There's also an option for a "pop up" when a message comes in. I don't care for that option so much but I'm sure some people find it very handy.
    Hope this answered your question. :)

3. glen4cindy

glen4cindy Well-Known Member

I'm using Handcent for SMS and there is a setting for Popup in there that specifies Screen On for Popup. You might be using the stock and I don't know about that one, but, if there isn't such a setting you might check into Handcent SMS, it's a great alternative to the stock SMS program, lots of users here love it, some don't, you might.

Good Luck

4. inkmachine

inkmachine Member This Topic's Starter

Handcent worked exactly as I wanted it to for incoming texts =)

Thanks alot everyone!