Able to upgrade to Froyo and keep apps/settings?

Last Updated:

1. llblwskydrgn

llblwskydrgn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to upgrade to froyo without wiping out my settings and installed apps yet? If there is, can somebody direct me to the method?

I was thinking since JK6 has been leaked, I might be able to do that with Odin or something.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. coasterman927

coasterman927 Well-Known Member

Flashing JK6 with Odin will not wipe anything. Just make sure you DO NOT check "re-partition" in Odin when flashing! And, hopefully, when the official build is released sometime soon, we'll be able to upgrade to it without having to go back to JFD/JI6. Because that's when you'd have to lose everything, which would suck.

3. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Once you are rooted, you can use titanium backup to backup/restore all your apps

4. llblwskydrgn

What PIT file should I use if it is needed?
    Right now I'm stock, rooted, JI6.
    Thanks for the help, my phone is just terrible with JI6 right now and I wanted to get froyo asap without wiping out all the settings and data.

5. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Check out the Vibrant development section on XDA. A flashable zip file was released for JK6 so you don't even need to use Odin. Just have ClockworkMod recovery do the work for you.

I use Titanium Backup to backup everything. Although, for some reason, I do have a problem when restoring everything (user apps/settings and system apps/settings), but that's just from my experience.

6. llblwskydrgn

Probably a dumb question but will the flashable zip file wipe my data and settings. I do use TI Backup on everything, but would be much easier if I didn't have to.

7. eagles20015

eagles20015 Member

Do you restore all system data to when you restore? That usually causes problems when switching to different roms. Just restore apps+ app data but not system files and that should fix the problem.