• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Able to watch world cup?

So for those who have called sprint, what's their response to this? Im trying to watch the game now, but of course get the error. This is really ridiculous considering we pay an extra 10 bucks a month to get access to this stuff.

I was gonna call, but i really dont feel like getting the standard "have you reset the phone" response.

Upvote 0
Sprint doesn't want you using the service they pay for if you no longer have phone service.

This could easily be solved by authenticating the phone over 3g, while downloading the videos over wifi. You can keep polling the 3g connection, or have it check everytime you switch a channel.

At work, i get very lousy 3g coverage, barely enough to watch any of the live channels. It would be GREAT if they would do this so we can watch over wifi.

Upvote 0
Yeah... hate the way it tempts you with that split second of full-screen goodness just to return back to a less-impressive bordered display. Still not sure if the service really uses your 4G connection... I'm assuming it does.

At least phone calls will interrupt your viewing. I was worried about that for a moment because of the non-sharing data/phone element of 3G!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones