Able to watch world cup?

Last Updated:

1. DUBious

DUBious Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

trying to watch Ger. Aus. Game on sprint tv but keep getting "try back later". Anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. wuclan48

wuclan48 Active Member

I can't even get that far. I've been on the phone with them for days over not being able to watch anything on Sprint TV...

3. PDong

PDong New Member

I get the same "try back later", but I was able to watch yesterday.

4. rokclimbertx

rokclimbertx Member

same here... i wonder if that's due to the game being on ABC and not ESPN this afternoon? (i realize they're sister companies but that might be the reason)

5. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

or just like with Qik.. they're not used to people actually wanting to use the service since you couldn't hear it or see it for crap before.. and now that everyone has the Evo they are actually trying to use it :)...

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

So for those who have called sprint, what's their response to this? Im trying to watch the game now, but of course get the error. This is really ridiculous considering we pay an extra 10 bucks a month to get access to this stuff.

I was gonna call, but i really dont feel like getting the standard "have you reset the phone" response.

7. wuclan48

wuclan48 Active Member

8. vokilos

vokilos Active Member

Yeah, I tried to watch it today as well and the damn thing froze my phone. Hope they fix it soon since it would be nice to catch the games on the go.

Sent from my kickass EVO using tapatalk.

9. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

That's not the reason as I was watching the abc game yesterday on sprint tv. I think too many people are going on sprint tv at the same time.

10. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Just checked, no World Cup but NCAA Baseball. It seems to be okay. I was watching this morning, but it was laggy. Unlike when I was watching it on the weekday.

11. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

Havent tried watching it today but had no trouble watching the eng vs us game on espn mobile for hours .

12. wuclan48

wuclan48 Active Member

In the end they told me there is a nationwide problem with Sprint TV on the Evo. I think that's a bullshit PR response for, "we have no clue" personally. I'm going to see if I can get a discount on my bill.

13. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Quality really suck when watching espn mobile tv. I wonder why it won't allow us to use WIFI... :(

14. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Sprint doesn't want you using the service they pay for if you no longer have phone service.

I watched US vs England yesterday and thought quality was amazing.

15. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Via 3G or 4G?

16. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Watching via 3G.

Did watch something my first day with phone, quality was way worse. Suspect you really need good 3G or the quality suffers bad.

17. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

So much for "premium data". I've been with sprint for over 13 years. Their tv is hit or miss.

18. sitlet

sitlet Banned

This could easily be solved by authenticating the phone over 3g, while downloading the videos over wifi. You can keep polling the 3g connection, or have it check everytime you switch a channel.

At work, i get very lousy 3g coverage, barely enough to watch any of the live channels. It would be GREAT if they would do this so we can watch over wifi.

19. wuclan48

wuclan48 Active Member

Wanted to follow up with you guys that my issue was that the number in my phone listed as my cell number was incorrect. A rep had me change that and another number (msid? or something like that) through one of the unlock codes and now it works. So my ported number from AT&T was the cause after all.

20. velcrobots

velcrobots New Member

Streaming ITA vs PAR right now, seems to be an audio problem, I have this annoying buzzing sound in the background.....:rolleyes:

21. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I watched off and on since Saturday. Got a little lag while in the car driving, but it was fine every other time. I'm watching ITA v PAR right now with no problem and immediate first connection.

22. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

so anyone know why you can't fill the screen? the stupid black borders are annoying. should be able to do full screen especially since I'm on 4G right now.

why the r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d limitation?

23. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

I'm watching right now, first time I've connected to ESPN Mobile. Sucks that they still charge for Fox News and the other "premium" channels even after the $10 fee.

24. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I'm getting it currently even with a crappy (500kb down at best) 3G signal.

25. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Yeah... hate the way it tempts you with that split second of full-screen goodness just to return back to a less-impressive bordered display. Still not sure if the service really uses your 4G connection... I'm assuming it does.

At least phone calls will interrupt your viewing. I was worried about that for a moment because of the non-sharing data/phone element of 3G!