? about buying app'sGeneral

Last Updated:

1. iAndroiid

iAndroiid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

if you buy an app that's a paid app then uninstall it will you still be charged? how does that work?

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

You get your money back for the 1st time uninstall and want your $ back. But you buy it again and your stuck :p

3. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

If you uninstall it within 24 hours you get a refund. It's actually been my experience that if I do it earlier in the 24 hour period I actually don't get charged at all, but I think that is dependent on the posting cycle of google's payment processor.

jbdan likes this.
  4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Thanks did not know it was a 24hr period! I thought I had better keyboard for more than that when I wanted to get my $ back, but maybe not :p

5. iAndroiid

isn't that a stupid setup? if you have an aftermarket app you can just backup paid app's and get them all for free

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Yea but if you do it more then 2 or 3 times they will notice and lock your account.

7. AdmSuvvuk

Officially it is 24 hours (at least that is how I understand it), but some developers may refund your money after that period because I have heard of people getting one after time had passed. Theoretically a developer could refund your money at any time if you contact them.

8. iAndroiid

that's wack. they should put somehing on the phone to be able to tell if you re-install it just to watch there backs b/c you can get paid app's too easily that way

9. CRPercodani

Some newer apps have license keys which will stop people from being able to do this.

10. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Most apps are free, paid are very cheap. I feel fine supporting good apps from good devs. This will strengthen our Android market.

11. CRPercodani

Yep. If we don't buy paid apps then dev's will start to leave. Of course there is plenty of junky apps that don't deserve our money but the ones that do and that we like should be purchased legally and not obtained shadily.

12. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

App licensing is one of the things that Android isn't great at. It's not all that hard to cheat the system, but with most apps being really cheap, it seems kind of silly to me to do so - you also damage Android's rep as a good platform to develop for when you steal an app (and help drive prices up). I'm interested to see where we are with this in a year or so.

13. AdmSuvvuk

After paying anywhere from $15 to $40+ for Windows Mobile apps I have absolutely no problem paying for android apps.

14. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I think its just fine how it is. As more people come over from other platforms the money pool will increase and it will pay off for those developers who go the extra mile to make their apps bulletproof. I also support the developers and think the majority of us do so. If someone wants to steal apps then they'll find a way no matter how well the market is locked down. Also sharing keys could become a problem down the road or patching the files so they think they are registered could be the next issue. Imo its just fine how it is, it gives us the freedom to choose.

15. marcelob

marcelob Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Please, for the love of god, no...

The last thing we need is DRM on our Android phones. I'm all in favor of supporting devs and I don't think many people will go through such a hassle to pirate $0.99. And regardless of the copy protection, people will ALWAYS find a way around it, especially on an open source OS.