? about OTA update in general (not another froyo ?)

Last Updated:

1. MD Ever

MD Ever New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 8, 2010
    So I've only had my Droid for about a month and it's my first smart phone. Love it btw. I tried searching for this but didn't see anything so I'll just ask. I rooted my phone just to try it out. Was easy and didn't run into any problems at the time. Due to a completely unrelated issue I ended up flashing everything back to stock 2.0.1. Still no problems and everything works correctly (for stock 2.0.1). My ? is, should it automatically update to 2.1 with an OTA update and if so, how long should it take before I'm prompted to update? I have been running 2.0.1 for 3 or 4 days and it has not prompted me to update. Sorry for the noob question.

BTW, I used RSD lite and a stock sbf to reflash back to 2.0.1 and my recovery screen is back to stock so I'm pretty sure I'm not rooted anymore.

2. GhostInTheDark

GhostInTheDark Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    The 2.1 OTA is no longer available. I've seen around here somewhere (I think in the root section), a 2.1 sbf...I'd have to look around there, but I'd suggest that as a starting point for you as well.