• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

About samsung galaxy tab GT-P1000

figurantu

Lurker
May 1, 2011
Hi guys im new to this forum, because i just bought a samsung galaxy tap gt-p1000 yesteryda... for CHF500. is it expensive or cheap T_T?
this is my first time using touch screen stuffs..
and i have some questions about my phone.

1) what is the differents between itunes and android? what are they for? (sorry i have 0 knowledge about this things)

2) is that all the android games can play in any samsung phones? (i found out that my samsung tap cannot play some of the games :S)

3)and... what is the most popular or usefull application for samsung? actually i bought this tap for playing games... thats why i asked my 2nd question :) or tap is not good for playing games?

looking forward to your replies..

thank you very much =(

Congratulation on your Galaxy Tab!

iTune is an Apple ecosystem where you can buy music, movies, and e-books. It is very well developed and it is the heart-and-soul of Apple's recent success. But it is not accessible by any Android device (or any non-Apple device). As of this moment, there is no equivalent in the Android world.

The Android Market is Google's answer to AppStore. But there is no consolidated answer to iTune. Verizon has V-Cast and Rhapsody, but they are limited.

Yes, it appears to be that most people who bought the tablets are for games and movies only. It is kind of make me wonder.... ;)

If you want to play games on your tablet, simply go to the Android Market from your device and download the games from there. They should work.

By the way, it is strongly recommended NOT to download any app or game OUTSIDE of the Android Market. There are many malwares out there that are targeting the Android devices. Of course, the Android Market does not guarantee you not to get hacked, but it is the safest place right now.

And if you are tired of playing games or watching movies on your Tab and want to use it for work ;) , Samsung is working closely with SAP right now to deploy their SAP BusinessObjects Explorer tool on the Galaxy Tab. This is a very useful graphical business analytic tool. You can find more information on this tool at SAP web sitehttp://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbus...elligence/data-exploration/explorer/index.epx or PC World.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
thank you for your usefull information :)

but i have a big problem now :S im using school network, but the network blocks most of the games in my phone (specially the games that have to go online, "pocket legend, starfront collision")

is there any application to unblock it? such as the Hotspot in laptop or PC?

i tried to search hotspot on the android market.. but seems like, non of them work on my phone :S do u have any suggestion?

and i heard that galaxy tab is not for games. it is for business use, so that, most of the android online games cannot be played in tab.. is it true?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones