1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

About Siri replacements...

1. primaleph

primaleph New Member

After switching from an iPhone 4S to a Galaxy S3, I've really never been happier with a phone. But there's one feature from Siri that I miss - the ability to ask for directions for a contact's house and actually get them. I've tried every Siri-like app in the Play Store and none of them are able to do this. For example, I ask for directions the a friend's house whose last name is Warren, and I get directions to Warren, Michigan. Very annoying.

Does anyone know of a voice assistant or hands-free app that is able to do this correctly? It really doesn't seem that complex, but so far I can't find an app that can. Knowing the exact wording that works would also help a lot.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Greenpoison

Greenpoison Active Member

Google Now is the closest thing Android has to Siri
  3. primaleph

primaleph New Member

Have you even tried Skyvi or Dragon Assistant? Both of them are light-years ahead of Google Now in most ways. And there are numerous others too.
  4. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

Have you tried utter!
    I'm not sure if it's out of beta yet but it was very cool. It worked pretty well even in semi-loud atmospheres.
    People on reddit in /r/android went crazy over it. You should check it out.
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Google now will do it, you just have to set up "places". Then when you say "directions to [location]" it will direct you.
  6. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

+1 It's the best program of its kind of out there.
  7. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member