About the "XXXX Told me the Inredible was coming on this date" ThreadsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rockstar323

rockstar323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems like most of you don't know this but when you talk to a store manager or a CS rep and they give you a "it's coming in a few weeks" answer, 99% of the time they got their info from a website or forum, probably this one. If they cant give you an exact date they have no idea when it's coming. Verizon does train CS reps on new phones prior to release but not all of them and certainly not all the sales reps. Until Verizon announces it or an internal memo gets released all the release date information is speculation. Verizon testing for a device is very extensive and if something fails, which happens a lot, the manufacturer has to go back and fix it and then it gets tested again until they cant find anymore bugs or are satisfied with the devices overall performance. This is why it takes so long for phones and software updates to be released on Verizon.

Also I know a lot of you are mad because Verizon hasn't announced it yet. Seriously though how is this their fault? They don't have to tell you when it's coming until they are ready to release it. The reason being is they want to make money and be the biggest carrier. They cant do that with having people wait a few months on a specific phone. They want you to upgrade your contract now or become a new Verizon customer now, not a few weeks from now. You can call and complain all you want but really they don't care and it's not going to get you a release date any quicker. You can call and threaten to leave, but again, they don't care. The reason is there wont be enough people that leave for it to make a difference to their bottom line and that is what they care about, just like every other carrier. It's not unfair, it's how wireless works, you are just a number to them.

This wasn't meant as an attack on anyone or a rant I just wanted to share some insight on the wireless industry.

Advertisement
    ryanx27 likes this.
  2. JustRight157

JustRight157 New Member

you don't sound like a rockstar...you sound like a cranky grampa

by the way my friend is a VZW manager and his sisters cousins' mother in law's best friends' 3rd cousin removed half incested brother willy said its coming out tomorrow morning at 2:38 am and i believe him

Ender11, Skyys and Mskgreenel like this.
  3. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

I think there's about as many "I don't like posts about BLAH" threads as there are threads about "BLAH". At least the threads about BLAH add some information to the mix, even if it's unreliable information.

4. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Verizon doesn't do any more thorough testing than any other carrier. Their phones have just as many issues. Look at all the issues with the Storm when it came out.

Verizon is just SLOWER than the other carriers in getting their product to market. That's why Sprint seems to release the same phone months earlier with more functionality. For instance the Moto Q and Q9. Both CDMA identical hardware and you can flash them to both carriers. The Sprint one had a working gps and came out months ahead. Flash a Verizon one to Sprint and the gps works. Just one example.

5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

But, everybody already knows this. We're on this site because we like cell phones and we like to get excited over releases--lame? maybe. No worse than the "rumor" tabloid newspapers about celebs. If you don't like it, don't it.

6. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

I agree to a point but if you only allowed threads that had solid proof, there would be 3.

Most of the whole forum for some of these phones is just rumors.