About to give upGeneral

Last Updated:

1. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I'm on he verge of giving up on my wait for a DHD. My order for a sim free one is currently expected to ship in December, that of course is likely to slip again. I suspect I could try and get one a bit sooner but to be honest I've actually expended a lot of time and effort already trying to get one locally and browsing the various sites.

I'm in one of those moods recently where I want my shiny new piece of kit to play with and I'm considering ordering a Milestone 2 instead. The drama of the wait would also be over(!)

Milestone 2:
    ~

Advertisement
  2. punk_19

punk_19 Well-Known Member

3. karnka

I will not argue about the screen. That is one place where the DHD will win and win handsomely.

It's just whether the other stuff that stacks up on the side of the Milestone 2 outweighs it.

I have played with an original milestone a couple of times. I quite liked it to be honest, seemed very slim for a qwerty slider. Felt much slimmer than the DZ interestingly.

4. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Desire z? Feels nice...

5. karnka

A friend has one and it just feels a tiny bit too hefty to me, even considering the keyboard. Just a _tiny_ bit.

6. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

have used the original milestone a few days (got one for my friend and tested it before he got it collected from me) and i wasnt particularly impressed with the build. looked a bit rough on the edges. not sure how the milestone 2 looks though. when i got the milestone for my friend, i also got a N900 for myself and i am in love with it. its bulkier than most phones but performance wise and the ability to tweak/hack the phone is incomparable. have multiboot on it, to boot it on native maemo, android and meego! have been looking for a similar option on DHD but have been scared to do much given its just a week old. i do like the DHD too though, but my missus would be taking it away from me shortly :(

perhaps worth waiting and i am sure htc would fix the issue soon...

7. karnka

Original Milestone is a little _square_, perhaps less pretty than some. Milestone 2 they've managed to smooth a few things out so it's a little prettier.

Willing to add that to the list in favour of the DHD: "Pretty"

8. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

desire Z always rocks, and you stick with HTC which to be honest, is better than the support you normally get from Moto or SE or Samsung.

a mate at works got a DZ and he loves his, keyboard quality is something of loveliness, just oozes quality.

either that...instead of going high end now, just get an interim Orange San Fran or summin for

9. karnka

Never had a problem with Moto myself. My wife has a Flipout which is very nice, if not suitable for me. Samsung and Sony are very much on my shitlist and wouldn't touch anything from them.

The San Fran suggestion is not the worst idea I've ever heard but to be honest I would probably have gotten something different in another six months anyway so given I'm happy to pay for reasonably high end then replace it maybe I shouldn't be too picky about what I get now.

Anyway, thanks all for the comments so far.

10. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

you know you want the DHD....

....good things come to those who wait. Apparantly!

11. karnka

Ah, but I'm a bit of a cheap bastard to be honest. The price cut on the Milestone 2 has thrown me a little.

12. karnka

Done.

Milestone 2 instead. I shall now perhaps buy the wife and baby more expensive christmas presents ;)

13. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

traitor ;)! good luck with the milestone2. do let us know how you feel about it when you do lay your hands on it...

14. karnka

I will do. I'm quite looking forward to having a physical keyboard for a while.

Perhaps some time next year I'll defect back to the 4.3" screen world, when there are a few more options.