About to throw my phone against the wall...please help

Last Updated:

1. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone started acting up yesterday. First it started with every once in a while I would touch my screen to click on a app and the notification bar would come down. Now to day it's every time I touch my screen. I've reboot, wiped everything, nandroid, reflashed different roms and still getting the same problem. If anyone has had this problem let me know before I chuck my phone against the wall. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

have never heard of that problem before.. I do suggest not slamming it against the wall... unless you have insurance

3. oldjackbob

oldjackbob Well-Known Member

The Hero comes with a one-year warranty, so if something is functionally wrong with it I'd RUU back to 1.5 or 2.1 then bring the phone back to the store for replacement under warranty.

4. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Well... I had a Samsung M520 slider for a year and a half, and one day the screen stopped working when I was in the middle of an important texting conversation with my girlfriend. I threw it against the wall, when I put it back together, it worked perfectly for another 3 months until I bought my Instinct(which went to shit after 2 months) and then I got my Hero.

So anyways, what I'm trying to say is, Throw it against the wall, it can only help it.

5. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I would not count on the Hero's screen withstanding a wall throw.

Now those old Nokia's, those things could take a beating. I remember seeing some that had been dropped off roofs, run over by trucks, still working. My uncle dropped his in a bear he was gutting (yes, IN a bear), and it still worked after drying out a bit. Even remember one that was mostly covered in tar from a roof, and it still worked fine.

6. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I agree with you on the screen. Can you believe i had no idea the screen was glass until yesterday? My buddy has an HD2 and he was talking about it.

7. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Lol, I had heard the screen was glass a long time ago but was like, nah this isn't glass...

8. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

My friend told me something that i should've noticed and thought about before. All he said was "push in in the screen" and no "oil spill" effect, no dipping, no softness to the screen. I was like "well i'll be damned......... dude i got a glass screen!" Hah. That's sad to get that excited about something that small, no?

9. Joehunni

Maybe you just didn't push it hard enough?

10. pinoy724

Well I RUUed back to stock and went to the sprint store. The techs looked at it and they couldn't figure out what went wrong. So they just replaced it. Now time to reroot.

11. Joehunni

Did you get a new one or a refurbished one, and were you within the first 30 days?

12. pinoy724

They were out of refurbished one, so they gave me a new. And no, I've had my phone sunce December 09.

13. Joehunni

Nice, pretty good deal on your part then.

14. RichAggie

RichAggie Member

My screen gets real wonky about every other day now. No mater where I touch, it registers at the notification bar. I either have to turn the screen off for about 5 minutes or reboot. It's very frustrating.