• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] About to wipe out my SD Card...what next?

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
I am running JB Sourcery Encore version on my Nexus for a while and my phone is becoming horribly sluggish now. Even when I set performance to 1.2 ghz and it stays at that. My SD Card shows I have about 1 gb of free space and I running can't find what is eating up the space. I have run disk usage programs...but I think the problem is the 0/ directory stuff.

So, now to my question...if I completely wipe my SD Card, then I have to do the abp push to get my image file I want to flash onto my SD Card correct? I think I am going to try CyanogenMod 10.1.3, then new stable release.

Sorry for the late reply, but let me ask this. By "0/ directory stuff" do you mean that you have multiple "0" directories? Did you have the compatible version of your preferred custom recovery installed when you went from a 4.1.x ROM to this one? Do you have a huge amount of pictures, game data, or other media files stored?

On another note, if the ROM you are running (or want to run) is based on Android 4.3 I haven't heard much of anything good about any of them yet for the Gnex.

Whatever you do, before you do it, try to make a complete backup of your sdcard to your computer.

I didn't answer the rest of your question on purpose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones