• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Absolutely Adorable Android Advertisements

Vihzel

Destroying Balls Everyday
Apr 8, 2010
Manhattan, NY
I can't find if this has been posted on this before, but I'll give it a try...

YouTube - Android Commercial App. 1 Song: That the way (I like it) [Translation]

YouTube - Android Commercial #3 Korea

YouTube - Android Commercial #4 Korea

I love commercials from Asia, especially these Android commercials from South Korea. Why can't Google have these kinds of commercials in the US? I think they would work well. I don't remember ever seeing an Android commercial in the US but a way for them to get a much bigger female base is to create a commercial that is cute and funny, like these. It will make Android seem not just for guys.

It seems as though there is a commercial #2 but I couldn't find it. If you look at commercial #4, you can see how advanced phones are in Asia. Samsung is going to have this technology on their upcoming Samsung Galaxy S smartphone for the US where you can use the camera to pan around different buildings and it will actually give you information about that business and different options. You can see in the video that the man is using that technology. Also in Asia, a front facing camera is absolutely nothing new. It can even be commonly found on "simple" flip phones and feature phones. When HTC EVO 4G, Samsung Galaxy S, and the Apple iPhone 4G releases their phones with the front facing camera, the South Koreans and Japanese are going to be like "Wait... they're just getting that now?!?"

Anyways, I absolutely love those commercials. I thought I'd share with you all if you haven't seen them. The Android in #4 made me laugh hysterically. I also never have seen that female Android before. Again... absolutely adorable.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones