AC Adaptor QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. TOR

TOR Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I live in the UK and have ordered my Nexus One from the US, without a UK adaptor.

My question is what voltage the standard AC adaptor uses, as the UK runs 240V typically. I can get hold of a cheap US-UK power adaptor that doesn't do any voltage changes, so I was wondering whether that would be sufficient. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Advertisement
  2. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

A US to UK converter will work perfectly, I believe the majority of us UK-ers have done exactly that.

When did you order? Are you excited? :D

3. herojames

herojames Active Member

Tor, I ordered mine on Tuesday its currently leaving cincinatti, I didnt order the UK converter cause im gonna use my ipod adapter and a micro Usb cable or just an adaptor from us to UK should be cool. Ps if ypu do want a HTC nexus UK genuine charger amazon.co.uk about eight quid. Oniongirl I'm well excited keep checking Dhl site :)

4. TOR

Thanks very much :)

I ordered it on Monday, it's in-flight now to EMA, and should be at my local depot tomorrow morning. I'm going to collect it from the depot over the weekend.

And yes, dead excited!

Thanks Herojames too, I'll just use the various adaptors I have at home then :D

5. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

be careful, i used a standard usb adapter and the plug exploded. i now stick to the supplied us adapter and a shaver plug.

6. TOR

A standard AC-USB adaptor? I'm planning on using a US-UK travel adaptor and then use the supplied US AC-adaptor, that's fine, right?

7. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

yeah a standard usb one. i use the method your going to use now, it seems fine:)

8. TOR

Thanks for confirming!