AC Vent phone holder...Accessories

Last Updated:

1. DALAZ_68

DALAZ_68 Member This Topic's Starter

So i decided that instead of getting the verizon or any other suction cup style phone holder...i want on that hooks to the AC vent

easier reach, better access...

just wondering if any one u guys have any recommendations for a universal type or something...thanx

Advertisement
  2. infil

infil Well-Known Member

just be careful. When you have the heat on, the phone is sitting in a constant stream of 130 deg + air(some vehicles will exceed 150-170 out of the vents)

Droid3362 likes this.
  3. jesq

jesq New Member

I bought this: Amazon.com: Arkon GN047 Removable Vent Mount for Nuvi & StreetPilot: Electronics two years ago for my Garmin. When I got my Droid 2, I checked to see if it would fit the car mount and it does, perfectly. I've been using it for a couple of weeks, no problem.

As far as the heat issue, during the winter I just plan to use the heat on the defrost/feet setting, thereby avoiding the vent where I have my phone clipped.

ETA: I use the vent mount with Verizon's phone holder, made specifically for the Droid2. I just don't like the suction style mounts.

4. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

5. DALAZ_68

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Do any of these have the magnets in place to put the droid in car dock mode?

7. Redflea

I've got my car doc mount from my D1...I know the D2 doesn't fit stock, but wondering if I heated the end of the doc that's too tight due to the new lip on the bottom, that I could bend those out enough to make it fit.

8. DALAZ_68

doubt it... the one i got anyway...i just put the car dock app on main screen...no big...

9. Redflea

Bought this on Amazon and it just arrived today...thanks for the suggestion.

Looks like a nice find...the Droid backing plate mounts to it w/out isuse, and the mount is very secure on the vent...I have it attached to the bottom vane on my vent, so it doesn't block the air flow - I mostly use my vent for AC (SoCal) so I like the fact that cool air will be flowing near my Droid when I'm using it. :)

I've never been happy w/the droid on my windshield, power and audio cords strung all over the place, this is going to be much nicer.

Recommended! :)

10. Redflea

Bought D2 car dock today and mounted it w/the vent holder...this is a perfect combination.

Extremely happy, simplified and greatly improved my car mounting.

A+

11. iavswn

iavswn Well-Known Member

Never put magnet(s) near any electronic device, and that includes cell phones.

12. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member

Many phones are designed for use with magnets. Android devices (at least the more recent ones, since I can't speak of older models) automatically enter car mode when in proximity to a magnet. BlackBerry devices automatically sleep/lock when in proximity to a magnet. Magnets don't harm phones like they would a computer, since there's no moving parts internally (whereas your computer's harddrive, non-SSD, would hate to meet Mr. Magnet).

13. Redflea

Yup Blackberries have had a feature for years to go into sleep mode when put in a holster w/a magnet in the right place.

And in addition to the car dock, the Droid home docks (X and D1 and D2) also use magnets to put the phone into home dock mode.