Accelerametor lag???

Last Updated:

1. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why does it take so long to switch views? I've never had an phone with this function before, but i've seen my friends iphones do this with ease, but my evo moves kind of slow. Its not something i would take the phone back over, but i did notice it wasnt moving as fast.

Advertisement
  2. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I agree. My iphone and pre were quick sometimes and slow othertimes but the evo is consistantly slow.

That said, I hope android allows view switching on all sides like the pre did. The only reason I say this is because the light sensor is on the upper left of the evo which means when I am texting in horizontal view my thumb is constantly moving over the sensor and the automatic brightness keeps dimming and getting bright over and over and over during a conversation. Poor place to put it if you ask me.

3. gww528

gww528 Active Member

I thought the same thing until I realized that if you hold the phone in an upright position it will switch much faster... most of the time with no lag.

4. aeiou

I hear you, but i've seen my friends iphones do it whatever position. And trust me i'm the last person to defend iphones, but most of my friends have them and they like to brag over every little thing. So as soon as they see that the evo isnt rotating fast enough they will point it out. Is this something that can be fixed or is this just how it is and we have to deal with it?

5. gww528

gww528 Active Member

I would think this is a software fix because its fast when it is vertical. Telling the phone to switch at lower angles should do it.

aeiou likes this.
  6. toeknee76

toeknee76 Well-Known Member

i agree, it does seem to lag a bit.

7. aeiou

I was viewing my email in portrait then switched to landscape and it kicked me out of the program. :(

8. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Try this. Find a really flat level place and lay the phone down. Go to menu=>settings=>sound and display=>g sensor calibration. Now hit calibrate, wait for it to be done, and see if that does not make it pick up quicker.