• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accelerometer Poll

Does it rotate?

• YES! My home screen rotates between portrait and landscape without the keyboard open!

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • NO! My home screen stays in portrait mode even though the phone is tilted to landscape mode.

Votes: 18 94.7%

• Total voters
No one is "convinced" it is supposed to rotate. Motorola has already stated that it was never meant to, and that there are more than a few phones out there with this "known bug".

Personally, I think everyone already knows how I voted, since I'm the one that posted the picture and video. I also have no intention at all of taking my phone back to have this "bug" fixed. Further more, I truly hope Motorola adds it as an option when they release their first firmware update. (rumor is Dec 11th on that one.)

Just for fun... you should've also had an option like "it definitely used to, but now it doesn't". I think you'd find that is where a lot of people would fall. Otherwise, I think I'll probably be the only one whos phone is still buggy. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones