accelerometer!

1. emonero

emonero Active Member

I just found out that the accelerometer works when using the video app! nice!

Advertisement
  2. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

you are referring to the video app from the market place?
  3. rzm61

rzm61 Member

What do you mean by it works?
  4. emonero

emonero Active Member

well ppl were saying that in to see wade screen video you had to open the keyboard....not true when using the video app...it if turn it sideways it turn and viceversa.
  5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

yeah, too bad the video app doesn't work very well.

The video has been hanging (while the audio continues uninterrrupted) on some of my vids.

Also, it randomly tells me "cannot play this video" while the video is playing, and when I press "okay" the video doesn't stop or hang, it just keeps going. Weird. Someone needs to port VLC.
  6. emonero

emonero Active Member

that because you need to convert the videos files to play on the g1...i did a they look great!
  7. g1mp

g1mp Member

this has nothing to do with the accelerometer. this is merely due to how the app was written to use landscape orientation.

if the app used the accelerometer, the video would switch from portrait to landscape just by you turning the phone from an upright position to it's side.
  8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I know how they handle it.

1. Receive device
    2. Mark device as defective and confirm.
    3. Send you new/refurbished device.
    4. Refurbish your old device.

I suspect they don't actually repair your device and return it to you. I know this is the case with lots of electronics, although, who knows, they might literally repair it.