• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accelormeter Failure

justjimjpc

Premium Member
Nov 3, 2008
Washington DC, USA
I have a G1 that the accelerometer has stop working on.

The Screen will still go into landscape mode when the keyboard is opened ... and the app is set to switch orientation for that. When I close the keyboard the display does NOT return to portait on its own. I have to double tap a Clock/Weather widget to get the orientation back to Portrait.

Without that widget i have to reboot the phone to get the display back into portrait...

Anyone have this happen to their phone and did you find a solution ...?

I am afraid that this is a pure hardware failure ... and not sure if the Accelerometer is a possible/easy item to replace in the phone ...

So now all apps that use the accelerometer fail .. :( :(

This problem strangely healed itself... I wiped and reinstalled ...that didnt work ... i looked at possibly buying a used broken phone for parts ... hoping to find a good assembly. I continued flashing updated ROMs in The Cyanogen series ... and one day the accelerometer starting working again...

Cant explain it ... just happy that it is HEALED !!! :rolleyes:

PS: i actually did complete Nandroid image restore from backups prior to the problem ... So i dont believe that it was software ... it was hardware... somewhere

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones