1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Access files on Micro SDSupport

1. helpifIcan

helpifIcan Well-Known Member

Can I access the files on the micro sd with a file manager?
    I have the ASUS TF and when I use ES file manager I can see the micro sd at /removable, I don't see this or anything similar when I use ES file explorer on the optimus v.

Thanks for any help.

:confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. helpifIcan

Thank you but I was looking for a way to do it on the phone. ES file explorer allows connection to the PC via IP address.
    Maybe it just something I can't do with 2.2 or the OPV.
  3. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Ohhh I have no trouble using ES to access files n such...

When I start ES on my OV it goes right to the SD card, all it will show is the SD cards contents.
  4. helpifIcan

You are correct but I think that is the internal memory in the phone. My understanding of the file system is that the internal memory is named mnt/sdcard.
    In the ASUS TF for instance the internal memory is named sdcard. The micro sd shows in /removable/microsd from the top level.
  5. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Not on a OV.

sdcard is the removable one.
  6. helpifIcan

Yep I pulled the card and got not found thanks for the help. I guess the big problem was when i looked at he card I did not see nor can I find my MP3 files even though they play fine.
    I'll just keep learning.
  7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

You can change the mount point to / instead of /sdcard/. The /sdcard/ mount point has always been a problem for most members new to ES.
    To make it easier go to menu settings/file settings. Select Show hidden files.
    Go to Home directory and erase everything but the first /
    If you are rooted then go to "Up to Root" and make sure the box is checked.

All this will make it a lot easier to navigate through the directory's.
  8. 6012dpe

6012dpe Member

did your lg optimus v come with a micro sd card? manual says it does but vm told me i had to buy one. can get a 4gb on amazon for $4.51 free shipping so no biggy...but still.
  9. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

yes new they come with a 2gb card.

unless they sent you a refurb with missing box items.
    6012dpe likes this.
  10. 6012dpe

6012dpe Member

vm did send me a replacement phone (saying bad reception was software prob, but really is location). had told me to retain parts. husband doesn't believe orig from best buy included card cuz he kinda remembers checking. best buy geek said should've been included. vm won't provide, so amazon it is.
  11. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Well it is very small and easy to miss place if it fell out, but would of been right there in plain sight and one of the first things you put into the phone when new. Sure it wasn't in the phone when sent back???
    6012dpe likes this.
  12. 6012dpe

6012dpe Member

in that case, my husband says we did not get one. vm has given me a new phone for the wrong reason as reception still the same. and they gave me a new battery when i said orig half drains after a 2hr call...still does...but they won't give me an itty bitty card which i didn't get and do need. we're thinking of buying that $4.51 sandisk 4gb microsdhc memory card w/sd adaptor from amazon, but don't see that it's compatible with lg optimus v.
  13. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

don't cheap out on your SD card looking for the cheapest, use newegg.com and read reviews, some folks have problems with some cards in phones, others don't.
    6012dpe likes this.
  14. 6012dpe

6012dpe Member

best buy, who sold us the phone, said they will provide 2gb card that should've been included.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  15. musiciansapp

musiciansapp Well-Known Member

Look up Astro File Manager/Browser in the market. It let's you access your SD card easily from your phone. You can try eBay as well for an SD/microSD card just as cheap and reliable as ones on Amazon.
  16. musiciansapp

If you want to access your files on your SD card go to the market and look up "Astro File Manager/Browser". It's amazing.
  17. musiciansapp

Sorry for the multiple postings! Stupid computer.
  18. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I would not buy a card from eBay. It is full of scams and hacked cards (1gb cards hacked to display a different capacity that corrupts any data put on the card beyond the initial 1gb.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.