"Access Forbidden" for all webpages (AT&T 3G network)Support

Last Updated:

1. Myystical1

Myystical1 Member This Topic's Starter

So I got my Captivate this weekend, and have been using it on my WiFi at the apartment and everything is working fine. But today I went to work, and now any webpage I try to access just shows up as a blank white page with the words "Access Forbidden". Other apps work just fine, I just can't visit any webpages. I'm definitely connected to 3G, with a strong signal strength. I read in one thread that clearing APN proxy settings solved this problem for them, but I can't find any way to edit the APN settings on my phone (can only view them). I read another thread that this happens to people who switch over from an IPhone; only problem is, I've never owned an IPhone. I'm contemplating giving AT&T customer support a call, but wanted to check here first to see if anyone else is having this problem/has a fix. Here are my APN settings in case this clears anything up:

Name: ATT WAP
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: 80
    Username: Not Set
    Password: Not Set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: None
    APN type: internet + mms

These are the default phone settings and it won't let me change any of them, although it will let me create a new APN and edit the settings of that. It seems odd that the default APN is Cingular...that is the service I had years ago, but it merged with AT&T a while back. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide,

-Jesse

Advertisement
  2. Myystical1

Myystical1 Member This Topic's Starter

Well here's an update:

A few minutes ago, my Captivate started using EDGE instead of 3G - I guess the 3G signal became too weak? Anyway, now webpages will load while on the EDGE network, but incredibly slow (such is EDGE I suppose...). This still doesn't explain why I could not access any web pages while on 3G though...any thoughts?

Thanks!

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Earlier today in my area (california) I had the same problem. I just reset my phone and that worked. Hold down both volume buttons and power. Then hit your power button again when u see the option to reboot. Or if it prompts u too.