1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

access internet through PC?

1. h9211092

h9211092 Member

I switched from WM6.1 to HTC Hero. With ActiveSync, my phone can access the internet through the PC's internet connection. But I cannot do so with HTC Sync. Can I get my phone access the internet through the PC connection, without connecting to Wi-Fi or 3G? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. cuatau

cuatau New Member

same question, any help is much more appreciate.
  3. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

Have you checked out PDANet? It's free for HTTP browsing. It works on the Droid, but I'm sure HTC is covered as well.
  4. h9211092

h9211092 Member

5. cuatau

cuatau New Member

tested....is not what i want. It's using the phone data plan to connect PC through internet.:(:(
    I am looking for phone access internet via PC's internet connection with usb cable.
  6. h9211092

h9211092 Member

I see, PdaNet allows computer to go online thru the phone's data connection. Actually I would like to do the other way round. My PC has got internet already, and I would like my phone to access the internet by the USB cable. Any help would be much appreciated!
  7. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

The exact same question... Plz help us...
  8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Afaik this can't be done.
  9. iwat

iwat Member

Can't ??? Anyone can help ?
  10. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Well, you can get programs that will allow you to take a PC that's plugged into a wired internet connection and have it act as a wireless router through it's WiFi card.

Windows 7 has the feature built in I believe.

Obviously that wont work if the laptop is using it's wireless card to connect to the internet it's self.
  11. nchoco

nchoco New Member

From other user, not me.

My android os is CyanogenMod 4.2.14.1,
    1.Enable "Settings\Wireless controls\Internet tethering"
    2.Install HTC Remote NDIS based Device driver(xda-developers)
    3.Set the HTC adapter as: IP:192.168.2.1, Mask:255.255.255.0
    4.Set the PC ethercard as shared connection
    5.Run these codes in terminal:
    su
    ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
    busybox route delete default
    iptables -F
    iptables -F -t nat
    busybox route add default gw 192.168.2.1
    setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8
    setprop "net.gprs.http-proxy" ""

6.Now your g1 could open browser to view any web pages on the internet, and update apps in the Market.