1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Accessing a database with droid

Last Updated:

1. garykirk

garykirk New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a very large database that is in microsoft access. I would like limited access to this database via android. I do not want to store the database on the phones. Is there currently any apps out there worth looking at?

Advertisement
  2. jblessing

jblessing Active Member

I don't know of any off-the-shelf. You don't say whether you want to view it over an internal network or the internet. Either way, I would have thought a web page was the way to go. It would need some custom code (e.g. .asp or .aspnet) to present the data onto a webpage.

3. JeTaurus

JeTaurus Member

Can provide any additonal detail about "limited access"? Do you mean remotely view data in the actaul tables, or perhaps run a query against the database and receive a result set?

4. garykirk

garykirk New Member This Topic's Starter

Limited meaning I do not want the person using the phone to have a copy of my database. I run a HVAC co. and want the service tech to be able to look up customer information, service invoices. That sort of information.

5. jacke85

jacke85 Member

AccessReflex will be the correct app for your requirement. With AccessReflex you can able to view only the MS Access database forms which will not be stored in your mobile.
    Get additional info from MS Access for iPhone,iPad,Android,Blackberry,Tablets | Database Application for Mobile Phones