Accessories CompatibilityGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey...
    you think iPhone windshield mounts will work with the Incredible? I'm starting to look at some windshield mounts and wondering what to get.

Advertisement
  2. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

For gps I assume? This won't be the same dimensions, and I personally wouldn't give apple my business.

If there isn't one for the incredible, you could probably find a cheap belt clip for it when it comes out and hot glue it to another windshield mount. Wouldn't look bad if you took your time and did it right.

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. For GPS, or streaming radio, or whatever else.

2. I wouldn't necessarily be giving my business to Apple, I don't think they make accessories, other third party companies usually do.

3. I don't want to rig one, I'm certain there will at some point be one out and I don't mind waiting. I don't have one for the Eris, and if I found that looked somewhat cool, and wouldn't compatible with both, I'd go for it now.

4. Flaring Afro

They still have to pay apple to make something compatible so you'd still be giving money to apple in the end, unless you bought it from hong kong I guess.

5. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

I worked for best buy in the car audio department for almost 5 years. I suggest bracketron. They have many different brackets for phones/gps/satellite radio/mp3 players you can use to make a custom fitting holders and docks for your phone. Check them out Bracketron : Mounting Solutions for Mobile Electronics

6. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

Be careful with window mounts, many states have banned them and more are going to. I bought a swivel belt clip for my phone and attached it to an extra sirius vent clip in my car and i love it. I just snap the phone in place and then hit the quick release to remove it.

7. Flaring Afro

That's really stupid. I mean, there are laws saying it can't be in certain places that would block your vision but a complete ban? Fuzzy dice are worse. :rolleyes:

8. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

I live in the Fascist nation-state of California, where everything is illegal, so laws are probably more lax in other states. California is very strict about what you can have blocking your windshield, and other driving laws.