• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

accessories docks and such

I'm sure it will get some nice accessories, but that's going to take some time. You figure the iPhone 3G/3GS have the exact same dimensions so accessories are interchangeable between them, and they have been out a lot longer.....and they have millions of users. Give it time and we will have some neat docks that utilize magnets, and probably some pretty sweet cases.

Upvote 0
I'm getting my moto droid within the next couple days, and I'm wondering about it getting wet or damaged. I've gone thru too many phones from damage. Are there any cases that are tough and actually encase the phone?

It blows me away all the noise about "silicone cases" that don't fully or substantially encase the phone; silicone rubber if great for it's flexibility, it doesn't need a hole to use a button.

Upvote 0
my previous phone was the storm 1. i have a BB leather sleeve that i used with the storm. it has magnets inside that put the storm to "sleep". i am able to use it with the droid, it fits inside pretty nicely and as an added bonus, if i rest the droid on the outside of the leather sleeve in the right postion if puts the droid in "Car Mode" and if the droid is plugged up via USB the magnet will put the droid in "MultiMedia Mode".

heres a link to the leather sleeve. like i said, the droid fits inside nicely.

Enter your location

Upvote 0
I'm getting my moto droid within the next couple days, and I'm wondering about it getting wet or damaged. I've gone thru too many phones from damage. Are there any cases that are tough and actually encase the phone?

It blows me away all the noise about "silicone cases" that don't fully or substantially encase the phone; silicone rubber if great for it's flexibility, it doesn't need a hole to use a button.

Something like a Otterbox Defender would fit your needs, I imagine they will make a version for the DROID in a few months. As of now I don't think there are any waterproof cases, you could use one of those universal waterproof pouches but you would lose access to the keyboard and they add quite a bit of bulk. Your best bet for now would be something like a Phantom Skin or Zagg along with the shell holster case from VZW, those 2 combined would give you the most protection I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones