accessories for N 1?

Last Updated:

1. kevinnem

kevinnem Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, just wanted to start a current thread - I am getting a N1 - ordered it today. (KINDA PUMPED!)

I am wondering if you guys know of a place to get some accesories.

One thing I would like to do is get a car mount (are there alternitives to the google one?). and be able to TRANSMIT to my car radio (it doesn't have a input).

Is there a wire harness that would give power to the n1 - and at the same time all it to broadcast to the radio?

Also - for making calls in the car - does speakerphone work well, or do I need to look in to some sort of bluetooth head/ear set or something???

Thanks all!

Advertisement
  2. surin

surin Member

i just got my n1 on monday(and omg i'm so pleased)

i'm also looking into the car mount, and i had your issue when i was trying to figure out a solution for my iphone(i didn't really want to do the whole cassette adapter thing, but i did...)

you can do something like this: Metra - FM Stereo Modulator (Basic Install Included) - IBR-FMMOD03

or of course get a new deck with an aux jack(which i think is what i'm going to end up doing, you can get one for not too much.

my bday is coming up so the car dock is on my wish list, and i'd love to hear some more info on the car dock tho

3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I have the Brodit powered car mount. It clips into the fan vent housing and seems pretty good. This doesn't transmit to the radio though.

As for the speaker phone, it is a bit light on volume - so yes I would recommend a bluetooth headset or Parrot/Bury car kit.

4. kevinnem

kevinnem Member This Topic's Starter

Perfect world? I think the phone should be able to be put in to a dock - to charge, and then interface with the radio (that install think you linked is REALLY cool!), so taht when a phone call comes in it will stop its music - and play the call (over the radio).

Is the built in mic good enough for this sort of use?

Kev.