Accessories for the Note 3Tips

Last Updated: 2014-08-12 05:58:02
  1. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

anyone found a device specific car mount yet? Can't find one anywhere except for those awful spring mount c!lamps...

Advertisement
  2. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I just got one too. After power was out here for several days this summer I am ready to have some back up!
  3. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I just ordered one of those and then saw your post :D

You might want to list it in Member Found Deals

:)
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Done. Didn't even realize we had that sub-forum until now! New subscription. :D
  6. drexappeal

Yeah. Aside from being 20000mah, as compared to the 10000mah Astro 3 I have, that's one of the reasons I purchased. I'll have extra chargers all over the place. The 2500mah keychain charger I got was a little bigger than anticipated, so I was a little disappointed in that.
  7. drexappeal

Many people with the Note 2 picked up the iBolt mount. I got the one that's exactly the same as the one being offered through Monoprice (cheaper on Monoprice). I'm hoping that it'll fit with the Note 3, despite the Note 3 being slightly taller. I'll report back here, when I get my phone next week.

I still wish there were a "dock and go" mount, similar to how Motorola has all of their car mounts. Unfortunately, Samsung went away from that form factor after the Note 1. The Note 1's car dock was awesome looking and I would've loved if they made the same for the Note 2, but instead went with an overpriced universal setup.
  8. BobF

BobF Active Member

9. drexappeal

For those that missed the 20000mah backup battery charger deal, there's a new deal right now that is extremely portable, with a holster, and the deal is good for 2.5 days

DailySteals.com - Vaas 5200mah charger w/ holster

I was tempted to buy one of these also, but I have the perfect amount of backup batteries for my needs.
  10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Yeah, there's also a universal sticky car mount for smartphones for $8... HOWEVER:

Unless you have $8 to throw away for one, I'd suggest you keep your money. These "as seen on TV" sticky car mounts are notoriously bad: not because the sticky doesn't work, it does, but because the suction cup sticking the whole thing to the windshield doesn't hold very long.

Caveat Emptor :)
  11. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

I agree. I think those suction cup things are a disaster for most purposes - though OK for very light satnavs. Otherwise, avoid them like the plague. A phone in its car mount gets some hammering. (Well mine do.)
    :D
  12. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

As someone who purchased the as seen on tv green suction thing, I've had the exact opposite problem.

The suction of the phone part was amazing in the beginning. The windshield part too. But then the phone part lost suction, so it says rinse it off...I did...it was sticky again but for only like two days. Rinse, repeat.

But the windshield part is still sticking...maybe it wouldn't be if it had the weight of my phone on it more often, haha.

Right now, I've got a green non suction decoration in my jeep. :)
  13. luxurytrader

luxurytrader Member

Have you considered SPIGEN? Their cases look attractive and not as uncomfortable in my opininon as S view case.
  14. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

15. mystik1

mystik1 Well-Known Member

16. The game 161

The game 161 Well-Known Member

Bought S view wireless cover, battery kit and wireless charging pad..mobile fun say maybe will arrive on 12th october.
    drexappeal and KOLIO like this.
  17. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

I'm totally put off wireless charging by the lower charge rate.
  18. drexappeal

So, twister recently did a review of the same dock i had purchased for my note 2

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=774513

For those of you not familiar, twister has done some amazing reviews of different mobile accessories. Nonetheless, I wanted to post info on here to let people know that I received one of the ultra thin cases i purchased from ebay and so far, it seems like the car dock will work with the note 3, based on the case having no problem.

Of course, I'll have to update once i have the phone. The one thing I can confirm for sure is that it definitely won't work with thicker or bulky cases.
  19. drexappeal

20. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I went with the iblazon black dual-layer kickstand case on amazon posted earlier. Estimated arrival october 8 - october 11. Guess I'll be getting it next week.
  21. drexappeal

22. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Media share now $50
    KOLIO likes this.
  23. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

The t-mobile store on Newbury street has the Tech21 impactology polycarbonate rear sliding cover for 34.99 and a 6 pack of screen protectors for 16.99. That's it and that's way to costly. Off to check the kiosks in the Prudential Center/Copley Place.