• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories list/discussion

Upvote 0
This is the one I ordered to hold me over.

41EbnYPn-zL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Cruzerlite-Bu...20906&sr=8-9&keywords=one+max+case+cruzerlite

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Does anyone know of a MHL-HDMI-Adapter that works with the One Max? When googling these adapters for phones, it seems like some work with some phones and some work with others...does anyone here have any experience with them maybe with the One which, I'm thinking should be mostly the same inner workings as our Max.

Upvote 0
i have an mhl adapter that i picked up back in the htc evo 4g lte days. its directly from the mhl consortium and it works just fine. if you look in the htc one or 4g lte forums you will find other options.

i use the media link hd adapter. you can also get chromecast...

Thanks for the reply marctronixx, those items are a bit pricey for my uses. I'm probably going to get a cheap 10 adapter somewhere, I'll check those forums for more info, thanks again!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
still waiting for US arrival of the battery case. maybe next week. i picked it up for 80 bux,,, :D

ive got the htc fetch, htc boom bass, the htc stylus and the htc apt-x compatible bh s600 bt phones so if anyone has any questions or concerns about those items, just ask.

I didn't realize it wasn't out yet. I got the case and phone from htc as part of a seeding program :cool:

Upvote 0
the case as for the US is on preorder. ive looked over lots of overseas websites and the ones that can ship to the US are all OOS.
the only folks ive seen with this case in the wild are the ones who won them from htc, or picked up locally overseas. :D

im looking forward to it...

Yea, it's pretty Flippin sweet. :)

Upvote 0
Anybody have a car dock that they like?

I prefer them without any charging port, I'd rather just plug it directly in to my cable (don't like it turning on Car Mode automatically).

I've been using this one Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Universal Suction Car Mount Kit for Samsung Galaxy Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories, by Samsung, which worked perfectly with my DNA. Sadly the One max is a little too heavy for it, causing it to slowly angle down, and also the charger cannot be plugged in because it is partially obscured by the bottom rests of the dock.

Anybody know of a good alternative? This one Windshield Mount - Verizon Wireless from Verizon looks like it would do the job, and reviews on here seem decent, but the reviews for it on Amazon are not good. And I'm worried about how heavy the One max is for this as well.

Upvote 0
I will say this,

I am loving the boom bass! this little sucker rocks! The Maxs' speakers are already outstanding, but with this little sub, the tunes are just much fuller and more in your face. I listen to soundcloud a LOT on this setup (just as I am now) and I cant keep the thing still. the boom vibrates the box and phone around! I have ways to keep it in place...

small footprint and it is highly portable. this is recommended item!!

---

been kicking around the htc battery case. I LOVE IT!

the battery really makes a difference. I have all radios on, i keep the screen on all day (i use whatsapp a lot) I stream soundcloud in the car... what I am experiencing after two days of constant use is, after taking the phone off the tap in the morning, but the time i get home around 8 ish at night, the phone has been averaging ~37% of battery juice. And remember, i keep best wifi on, background data on, screen on all day, i am in sprint spark territory, i stream soundcloud, use whatsapp, have several e-mail (imap) accounts polling every 5 minutes..basically i USE THIS SUCKER! :p

this case is really a winner. when i stream soundcloud, i use the htc boombass and with the phone in landscape and propped up on the case/kickstand, the phone has not fallen down yet. and the little boombass speaker booms.. :D, so the jury is still out on the long term behavior of the kickstand part of the case.

Upvote 0
NightAngel79 a seeding program? What seeding program? I'm not jumping from one thing to another but I've talked to HTC on several occasions about a soak test community and things like that to test me devices and os and there isn't a single program out there that they offer. While I find it sad that they don't, I'm hopeful they will in the future.

Upvote 0
I didn't realize it wasn't out yet. I got the case and phone from HTC as part of a seeding program :cool:

NightAngel79 a seeding program? What seeding program? I'm not jumping from one thing to another but I've talked to HTC on several occasions about a soak test community and things like that to test me devices and OS and there isn't a single program out there that they offer. While I find it sad that they don't, I'm hopeful they will in the future.

In the past I've asked/recommended HTC have a program like that too, but they never come back with any information. Different divisions/departments of the company and all that, but the right hand should still know what left hand is doing.
Their Customer Service department, or whoever we are able to easily contact, is probably farmed out.

I think this is what NightAngel is referring to:
AndroidForums.com | HTC - Be an HTC Beta Tester! They're accepting 500 ppl today! (12-26-12)

I feel like I missed the boat, as I missed the original sign ups (by a day or two) and greatest benefit :( so I have never thought it worth it to try to sign up after the fact. I don't want to try submitting my precious info, only to be denied. I also have no access code/referral. I'm not a social media junkie (Homie don't play that), which always seems to be a stipulation these days when it comes to getting into these exclusive sign ups companies host. They smartly want to use people that will help get the word out there about their products and services. Free word of mouth (keyboard) promotion and all that jazz.

Upvote 0
NightAngel79 a seeding program? What seeding program? I'm not jumping from one thing to another but I've talked to HTC on several occasions about a soak test community and things like that to test me devices and os and there isn't a single program out there that they offer. While I find it sad that they don't, I'm hopeful they will in the future.

Agreed, they are trying with the HTC Elevate site, which they open for referrals every once and a while.
In the past I've asked/recommended HTC have a program like that too, but they never come back with any information. Different divisions/departments of the company and all that, but the right hand should still know what left hand is doing.
Their Customer Service department, or whoever we are able to easily contact, is probably farmed out.

I think this is what NightAngel is referring to:
AndroidForums.com | HTC - Be an HTC Beta Tester! They're accepting 500 ppl today! (12-26-12)

I feel like I missed the boat, as I missed the original sign ups (by a day or two) and greatest benefit :( so I have never thought it worth it to try to sign up after the fact. I don't want to try submitting my precious info, only to be denied. I also have no access code/referral. I'm not a social media junkie (Homie don't play that), which always seems to be a stipulation these days when it comes to getting into these exclusive sign ups companies host. They smartly want to use people that will help get the word out there about their products and services. Free word of mouth (keyboard) promotion and all that jazz.

Exactly what I'm talking about. I barely got in that round. Now they allow more people randomly. And I do not think you need a huge social presence, Ive got a few 'followers' on g+ and twitter, but nothing like some who have their own blogs and what-not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones