• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories questions: Larger batteries? Any legit or all scams? Matte finish screen protectors?

evilpaul

Lurker
Nov 6, 2015
I've been wondering if the larger batteries that I've seen for the Avant are worth picking up? Most are on eBay either a black or red one claiming to be 3200mAh and the size of the original battery (presumably slightly heavier not that it matters). But I've seen the same or similar batteries listed on Google Shopping as only being 2400mAh. Which is more than 2100 that the phone comes with, but probably only 15 or 20 minutes more screen time I'd guess and not really worth ~$15 if that's the case.

Are there actual 3200mAh batteries available and if so could I expect at least 30-60 minutes more between charges with similar overall charging times?

The only "big" battery I came across was a Mugen 4600mAh one which looked like it would add a bulge in the back (not a big deal), but also not allow me to use my case. It also costs ~$90 which is about what I spent on the phone and would probably be better spent saving for an upgrade I'd think.

Also, has anybody found any screen protectors with matte finishes? I purchased a three or four pack on Amazon and got one with my case and they are all glossy. The shiny ones keep the screen from getting scratched up, but don't help make the screen easier to read.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones