accessorize :-)Tips

Last Updated:

1. sipart

sipart Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As I'm in the i5700 club for the long haul (24 month contract), I've kitted myself out with some bits and pieces to protect the little 'gem' ;-)

Thought I'd post links to the items as I'm very happy with them and thought they may be of interest to others:

• Firstly always my first purchase - a screen protector:
    [​IMG]LCD Screen Protector for Samsung i5700 Galaxy Lite on eBay (end time 28-Apr-10 15:09:48 BST)

Fits perfectly and is ultra clear - so looks great and feels great (no cheap sticky feeling).

• Next was a case - I've had a cheap flexible rubber case on my Ipod Touch for the last 2.5 years and its served me well but wanted something a bit more 'up-market' (but still cheap to buy).
    [​IMG]Rubber Silicone Hard Case Cover for Samsung i5700 Black on eBay (end time 14-Apr-10 12:27:17 BST)

This one is really good, first one was damaged in transit but seller was happy to send me a new one after supplying a photo of damage - so good service as well. The case is in two halves that clips together. It is hard plastic with a soft feel (much like the back of the i5700). I doubt it would survive a long drop onto a hard surface - but the phone would be OK :)

• I was also after some extra data cables and this guy had some originals:
    [​IMG]Samsung APCBU10BBE MICRO USB Data Cable Freepost UK on eBay (end time 12-Apr-10 12:21:50 BST)

Think they speak for themselves - but they are exactly as provided with the i5700.

• Any finally as with any smartphone - the i5700 included - battery life can sometimes be an issue (the data cables above help with that as more options for charging in the car/at work etc). But these were so cheap it was worth a purchase (cheap universal mobile battery chargers available on ebay as well).
    [​IMG]SAMSUNG i5700 SPICA i8910 OMNIA VODAFONE H1 360 BATTERY on eBay (end time 24-Apr-10 19:44:28 BST)

The battery I received was identical, original Samsung item but just older. It came fully charged and works as well as the original.

All in all I paid

Advertisement
    noworry and rusky like this.
  2. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

I use the same screen protectors there a good fit but scratch easy but its better then it being your lcd screen

3. gusto5

gusto5 Well-Known Member

Is that adhesive on the screen that came with the phone not a protector? because I've been using it as such :eek:

4. noworry

noworry Active Member

Same question here. Why do you need a separate screen protector, when the phone itself comes with one :confused:

5. Tiggybot

Tiggybot Well-Known Member

The original plastic isn't meant to be kept on, but can be. I left mine on, but it only lasted a couple of months before it started to peel off and bubble. Now have another screen protector.

I also have the hard case on my phone, and I'm glad I do. I have dropped it on the pavement and it did protect the phone. The case did crack, but mine came in a set of two.

6. rusky

rusky Well-Known Member

Cheers for the links, pretty much everything I've been after with the exception of a car charger.

7. kingdave

kingdave Well-Known Member

8. rusky

rusky Well-Known Member

I'm sure I saw them on ebay...

9. Zargon

Zargon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd like a flip case too. Currently using a 'pull-up' one (from ebay) for work since it needs proper protection there, but it does make me look like a granny!

I don't reckon these phones would survive much of a tumble though, so a decent case would be nice since I think mine will spend most of it's like inside one of some description.

The other thing that vaguely concerns/annoys me is that a spare battery would be handy, but I don't think the back of the phone will last long if it's clipped/unclipped often. Obviously this is also pertinent SD card-wise. I really think they should have used a mechanical clip rather than relying on the give in the plastic, since that'll wear down in no time.

Still, Ebay will be doing a roaring trade in replacement backs soon enough!

:D

10. arj154

arj154 Member

will cases for the i7500 fit the i5700? I found this flip case however its meant to be for the i7500

11. noworry

noworry Active Member

12. kingdave

kingdave Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they have slightly different dimensions. Should fit though, just won't be snug.

13. arj154

arj154 Member

ah ok, btw i just got my portal today and it seems that they include a red back case as a spare now.