1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Accessory ThreadTips

1. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

So I see that Amazon now has more cases listed. Most of 'em are gaudy (at lease in my opinion) and not what I'd put on my phone. However, there are some Skinomi cases that look interesting. I've never had one, so I have no idea how they work. Does it just protect the front and back? Is there wrap around protection for the sides?

Here is the one I kind of like and am interested in: Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Spirit 4G Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Brushed Steel Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

Advertisement
    :
    isaacj87 likes this.
  2. Danco2002

Danco2002 Member

That Skinomi looks pretty sweet. My only issue with it is that it does not look like it would provide any protection from impact...
  3. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I think its just a sticker that goes on the back
  4. alfick3

According to the write up, it says it provides protection from impact. I was hoping someone has had these before on other phones and could verify that.
  5. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

6. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

7. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

i had a case like that for the Opt M.. I just got a 32gb class 10 from micro center for 20 bucks.
    Polaroid 32GB Class 10 Micro Secure Digital High Capacity (Micro SDHC) Flash Media Card with Adapter P-SDU32G10-EFPO P-SDU32G10-EFPO - Micro Center

also this one:
    Micro Center 32GB Class 10 Micro Secure Digital High Capacity (Micro SDHC) Flash Media Card 294397 - Micro Center
  8. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

9. GameTheory

10. isaacj87

That's my main concern too. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get it, however. I just wonder if it looks as good in person as it does in the pic.

I'll go ahead and order one (black/white) and I'll you know how bulky it makes the phone and if it really offers any legitimate protection.
    GameTheory likes this.
  11. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

isaacj87 likes this.
  12. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Well-Known Member

This is why I don't get cases for my phones. Lol
  13. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

lol i like the dual cases, you get the back plate and the holster it slides into.

I see you got a transformer TF101 also ha.:p
  14. Danco2002

Danco2002 Member

I have been considering buying a Skinomi skin and one of those clear plastic case's on ebay. May look kinda cool...
  15. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

that would probably work:D
  16. isaacj87

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping it won't be that bulky because it seems the Esteem was bulky to begin with. I want some legitimate protection for my phone.

I ordered it and it should be on its way. I'll let you guys know how well it fits.
    cubone likes this.
  17. theWolfTamer

theWolfTamer Member

I got one like this when I bought my phone today (it was the last one the store had). I just switched from Virgin Mobile after about a week of not getting texts. I've had the phone about 10 hours and surprisingly haven't dropped it yet. Love the case because of the size and the rubber. I wouldn't have left the store without the case once I actually had the phone in my hands. With a case it's about the same thickness as my BF's Photon.

It's about $4 cheaper on eBay but I didn't want to wait for a case. :D
  18. dulal18

dulal18 Well-Known Member

19. alfick3

I'd love to get a check book/wallet style case with a flip back cover (along the long edge) that also doubles as the media stand. I haven't seen one listed on Amazon yet.
  20. GameTheory

OcalaFlGuy likes this.
  21. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Yeah me neither! I just got the last one. :D There is a generic one similar for a few bucks less but this one looks better fitted to the Spirit, plus it was about 1/2 the price as the same one in the store. Deal.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
    GameTheory likes this.
  22. GameTheory

Haha... I made sure to order mine first before posting it here. Glad you got it before they were all gone. ;)

P.S.
    If I find more I'll update the link for anyone that likes this case.
  23. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

booo I hope it gets lost int he mail. LOL joking:p :aetsch:
  24. santia213

santia213 Well-Known Member

If its anything like the metropcs branded holster case and screen protector combo i bought from ebay youll like it. Adds a nice feel to the phone without adding too much bulk, and fits very snug.
  25. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

+1