Accidental dialling with the wired headsetSupport

Last Updated:

1. zedius

zedius Member This Topic's Starter

I just upgraded my dream to a magic, and I have only one complaint. On the dream, when listening to music, a quick double tap of the wired headset button would skip songs. On the magic it appears to dial the last person I spoke to!

It's hard to break the habit of trying to skip songs with this button, and annoying if I have to take my phone out of the sleeve and unlock it every time.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change this? I've found no preferences for the music player or the headset.

I'm using the stock headset and the HTC Sense version of the music player.

Advertisement
  2. zedius

zedius Member This Topic's Starter

*Bump*

Has nobody encountered this?

3. kkxaq

kkxaq New Member

I've had the same problem and found no solution, but currently I have meridian player installed which intercepts the headset button presses.

4. roiv

roiv New Member

I encountered the same issue here, but only after upgrading to the sense ui update. Before that, everything worked fine. I contacted htc support who basically gave me a useless answer and told me that it wasn't an error, and wasn't aware of the feature I was describing. They even told med that if the feature was available previously, then that was an error and shouldn't have been there (say what??). Utterly useless support if you ask me, and a complete screwup to remove this feature since I too used it daily. Guess I'll try the merian player since htc apparently won't do jack.

5. coololdrocker

coololdrocker Member

Had the same problem, fixed it by making a new play list. weird, if I use that new play list I can skip songs using my head set switch... go figure